12 | carbonite

The Child

ARVALA-7, OUTER-RIM

ARVALA-7, OUTER-RIM

The Child floats beside the cart that is now filled with parts, Kenny walking beside it since there's no room for her to sit with the parts and the Mandalorian along with his bulky armour is taking up most of the room, 'Is it still sleeping?'

'Yeah,' She exhales, leaning back and looking up at the Mandalorian, 'Explain it to me again.' She requests.

He sighs, looking away from the Child to look at her, 'I still don't understand what happened.' Kuiil adds on.

'Neither do I.'

'Tell me,' She requests leaning closer to him, 'Exactly what happened.'

He stares at her, saying nothing, but this time she stares right back, chin tilted up, 'I don't know.'

By the time they get back to his ship it's dark out, the sun no longer in the sky, Kenny leans back watching them fix his ship despite her wide knowledge on fixing up ships and engineering.

'You know,' She says walking over to them, 'I could fix this whole thing in a couple of minutes, all you have to do is take off the cuffs.'

'No.' He denies immediately not even looking away from the piece he is trying to screw in, struggling to get it in right before he eventually gives up and moves onto the next piece.

Rolling her eyes she leans against the side of the ship, 'That's the wrong panel, and screw, and you're turning it the wrong way. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.'

He sighs, gabbing the other panel closest to him, 'No.'

She shakes her head when he walks towards the next one, looking up at her, 'No.'

He moves over again and goes to reach the panel but she stops him, 'Nope.'

Finally he moves over again and she nods, grinning at him, 'There we go.'

The Mandalorian watches as the sun rises above them, Kuiil puts the last part of the ship together and steps back to watch his work, 'I can't thank you enough. Please allow me to give you a portion of the reward.'

'I cannot accept,' Kuiil says, holding his hands up and shaking his head, 'You are my guest, and I am therefore in your service.'

'I could use a crew member of your ability. And I can pay handsomely.' He offers.

Kuiil shakes his head, 'I am honoured. But I have worked a lifetime to finally be free of servitude.'

He nods his head, 'I understand. Then... all I can offer is my thanks.'

'And I offer mine. Thank you for bringing peace to my valley.' He bows his head down and walks away leaving the Mandalorian all alone with the ship, kid and the woman.