26 | din djarin

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

Din swallows as he feels something press under his helmet, Kenny breathes in as she holds the balster to his chin, she shows no emotion on her face, her eyes blank as she stares up at him.

'Kenny? What are you doing?'

'Move.'

She nods her head towards the door, hearing Cara shift behind her she turns her head, 'Try anything and I blow off his head.'

'Kenny.' Cara's brows furrow as she looks between her and Din, he holds his hand up shaking his head, telling her not to do anything. Not to hurt her.

Her eyes are dark, just like that day back on Sorgan, when he pushed her, when he saw the real her. Like when he found her after Toro and for a second he really thought she might kill him. Just like when Cara had mentioned Vader.

'Kenny.'

She nods her head towards the door and steps forward, the blaster resting beside his head, 'Go.'

Cara lifts her blaster and goes to shoot but Mando lifts his hand, it lands on her shoulder and he twirls them around so his back protects her from Cara's blaster. 'No, don't shoot.'

'Are you crazy?'

He doesn't even look at her just keeps his hand in the air, 'Don't shoot.' He repeats, voice steady as he keeps his gaze on Kenny's eyes.

She grabs the balster from his hand and shoves it into her belt, keeping her eyes on his visor.

'She's ratted us out, Mando, she's the reason they're here.' Kenny ignores her as they both move towards the door, Mando keeps his hands out, showing he has no weapons.

They walk forward, leaving Greef and Cara in the cantina, both of them moving to the open window to watch as she approaches Moff Gideon.

He grins, opening his arms as they stop in front of her, 'You made the right decision.'

He steps forward, hand out presenting her with a weapon, 'Now, kill him.'

She looks up from his outstretched hand, breath catching in her throat, 'Kill him.'

She stares up at Moff Gideon who simply just raises a brow at her hesitation, she has never hesitated. Her entire time during the Empire she hasn't hesitated when given an order.

Well, apart from that one time, the incident that cost her being shoved into Carbonite for the third time, the incident that had her in carbonite until after the war.

She holsters her blaster and steps back, 'When you're done, you know the drill.'

She nods, 'Yes, Master.'

He nods with a grin, he turns away with his long black cloak swishing behind him as the Troopers move to cover the gap he was just standing in. He almost looks like Vader.