13 | nothing

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

When Kenny's eyes flicker open for the first time in a while, she's chained down to a table, head pounding as her eyes continue to flutter open and closed.

She's been in and out of consciousness for the past three hours the Troopers have been coming in, taking turns in torturing the 'traitor'.

She's bruised, her sleeves, her only form of protection have been ripped, exposing her scars that she tries so hard to hide from herself.

Her lip is busted, a cut on her temple, her nose has been broken, blood covering her teeth and chin, her skin is no longer pale from the lack of sunlight, it's bruised and covered in her own blood.

She hears shuffling to the side of her and squints to see the figure, it's the Doctor, he's holding a syringe in his hands as he comes closer.

'Now we can pick up where we left off.'

Her eyes open wider, catching sight of the grey liquid inside the syringe, she pulls herself away, struggling against her restraints.

'No, no, stop!'

He tries to keep her still, pushing her head to one side as he presses it to her neck, she shakes violently, thrashing around as she screams fire.

'Stop! Stop-'

The doors are blasted open, the Doctor falling away as he's grabbed by the scruff of his neck. There's another shot, she turns her head quickly watching him slide down the wall, slumping over as the blaster hole in his chest sizzles.

'Jinn-'

'No, no, wait, don't turn around.'

She watches the Mandlaorian as he attempts to look away from the dead body of her torturer, 'No, stop.'

He pauses, bodyhalf turned towards her, 'P-Please,' In the few days he has known her, between the pleading to let her and the kid go and the night terror she had that night he knocked her out, he has never heard her voice this desperate, he has never heard anyone's voice this desperate.

'Don't look, please.'

'I have to cut you free.'

'I'll guide you, close your eyes, please.'

He still doesn't move and she takes a shaky breath in through her nose, 'Please?'

He nods, and he follows her command, his eyes are closed, and she can tell he's listened to her request by the way he walks right into the body of the Trooper he just killed, stumbling and catching himself on her arm.

When he realises what he's caught himself on he brings his hand back but then lets his hand reach there again, he grabs a blade from his belt and feels along until he finds the leather holding her down.