159-160

159: The Incident Happened 

Huai Sheng opened the door and once one entered, there was a strong alcohol scent that wafted over. Even though Shen Lisa had a mask on, she could not help but frown. Seeing Shen Lisa frown, Huai Sheng seemed to blush with shame. He ran to the other side to take a oil lamp and lit it up.

The flame was ignited and swayed around, making everything in the room slightly lighten up. One then saw that there was a middle-aged man lying on the bed. This male was very thin and his complexion was of a glazed yellow in colour as he snored in his sleep.

Huai Sheng looked at the two people in front uneasily. The female said, "Wake him up."

Huai Sheng nodded his head and walked over to the man's side and gently shook the man's arms as he said softly, "Father. Father. Someone has come."

Initially there was no response from that man at first. Afterwards he seemed to be annoyed by Huai Sheng's shaking and unconsciously slapped before yelling, "It's in the middle of the night. What are you crying about?"

On instincts, Huai Sheng closed his eyes but the slap did not came down. He carefully opened his eyes and saw his Father's fearful gaze and followed the direction. That beautiful male who had been looking on coldly and indifferently had reached in front of him at some point and the slender long hand was holding on to the man's throat.

"Immortal, immortal..." Huai Sheng got anxious. He was scared and worried but at the end he still resisted his fear and said, "My Father did not deliberately offend you. I beg of you to spare his life."

Shen Lisa swept a glance that that male who was so scared that there was no more traces of sleepiness before quietly saying, "Let go of him."

Xie Jungkook only then released his hand.

Huang Shen was somewhat afraid.

His father knelt on the floor and as he stared at the two people in front, his body trembled uncontrollably, he most probably felt that the dangerous air that the other person had, especially the seeming beautiful male.

Shen Lisa said, "You are Tian Li?"

Tian Li nodded his head, "This lowly one is."

Shen Lisa swept a look at Tian Li. From the rumours, at the beginning in Liu Province, Tian Li

was also a handsome and suave scholar. He was talented and thus was able to win Chang Zai Qing's heart and marry her. It was only afterwards when he had failed in repeated examinations that gradually self-deprecation grew and he started to drink and gamble. Chang Zai Qing hated this kind of lifestyle thus she ran away. Seeing Tian Li's current appearance, she could slightly understand why Chang Zai Qing left. There was not even a little grace that Tian Li once had left now, and the man in front was obviously a disappointment and in dire straits.

"Is Chang Zai Qing your wife?" Shen Lisa asked.

Hearing that, Tian Li's entire body trembled as he raised his head to look at Shen Lisa. Even though he had tried his best to cover up, Shen Lisa could see the anger and humiliation in his eyes.

"Do not worry, I am not Chang Zai Qing's friend. It is alright to speak your mind." Shen Lisa said.

Tian Li looked at Shen Lisa seriously and seemingly trying to confirm if what Shen Lisa said was true or not. Shen Lisa looked at him openly and broad levelled. After half a moment Tian Li spat and said, "That slut of a wife ran away with my money. Shameless!"

Huai Sheng shuddered for a moment and his gaze was somewhat laden with grief.

Shen Lisa's gaze fell onto Huai Sheng and she said, "Huai Sheng, go to the courtyard. I have some things to discuss with your Father."