Chapter 18: Heartbeats

December 26 2023

A few days has passed and everything is going well so far, Yesterday was Christmas and everyone celebrated the festival on their own while others were meeting their familes and friends, People were also off from work for two days and decided to enjoy their holiday

It was evening as the time was seven p.m, Annabelle was seen watching a movie as she was smiling to herself, She had a great time with her friends and family yesterday and even received some gifts from them, She continued watching the movie however something came in her mind.

She was starting to think about Henry, since Desmond and Annabelle broke up two months ago, She has been hanging out with Henry at work mostly, She really likes how optimistic, kind, caring and supportive he was. And everytime they meet, She feels happier with him.

Now she started to feel like. . . . She had feelings for him.

She knew it was time to move on from Desmond and find true love, However the thought of Desmond doesn't seem to get off of her head, Despite everything that happened, She couldn't forget about him.

But now she felt like Henry could be the one for her, She smiled at the thought of him and felt her heart beating fast, That's when she decided to pause the movie and wanted to face time her friends.

Annabelle started the group call, and both of her friends answered as Woods had a huge smile on her face.

Annabelle: Hey, girls!!!

Amanda: Hey Annabelle! Thought you would be sleeping after that blast we all had, hahaha.

Julianne: I'm still exhausted from yesterday, but it was really fun, to be honest.

Annabelle: Same here, I was just watching a movie until I decided to call, What are you both up to?
Amanda: I was just listening to music.

Julianne: And I just finished doing the laundry, haha.

Annabelle: Nice, nice.

They smiled at each other as Annabelle took a deep breath and spoke to them again.

Annabelle: However, there has been something in my mind.

Amanda: Oh really? Talk to us about it.

Annabelle: *Chuckles* Okay, ummm. . . . I don't know how to say this, but there is a certain software engineer at work that I. . . Probably have a crush on.

Annabelle smiled to herself as Amanda and Julianne's smile slowly faded away when they heard "Crush." they were shocked to know she was ready to move on.

Julianne: You have a crush on someone? Do I know who it is?

Annabelle: I think you can already guess.

Amanda: . . . . It's Henry, isn't it?

Annabelle: Correct! He's so sweet and caring, I really think I like him. But i'm just not sure how to tell him.

Amanda and Julianne were a bit stunned to speak as Amanda frowned while Julianne forced a smile on her face, However they both really had hope that Annabelle and Desmond would fix things together, But now hearing this shocked them and they wanted Annabelle to think about this.

Amanda: That's honestly great, We're happy for him.

Annabelle noticed they didn't seem happy about this, Julianne cleared her throat and spoke to her best friend.

Julianne: Can I say something to you, Annabelle?

Amanda: I think I have the same thought as well.

Annabelle: *Confused* What's going on?