Chapter 14: Bitterness

September 15 2023

A few days have passed, and things have been going smoothly so far. However, Desmond and Emmy occasionally talk to each other about work or other things, Both of them were sort of good friends but respected each other like Co workers. Annabelle has been noticing them, At first, she didn't mind at all, but deep down, she had a strange feeling whenever Desmond meets or speaks to Emmy.

Today was another day at work as Annabelle was seen walking with Julianne and Amanda, The girls were talking to each other, but Woods seemed more distracted about something else. Her friends noticed she was distracted as Amanda spoke to her.

Amanda: Hey Annabelle, You alright?

Annabelle: Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine.

Julianne: Are you sure? You seem distracted.

Annabelle: It's nothing, girls. I'm been just thinking about work.

Amanda and Julianne looked at each other and had a hunch that this wasn't about work. It was something else.

Amanda: You can talk to us about it, sis.

Julianne: Sorry to say, but this doesn't seem to be about work.

Annabelle: No, no. Believe me, girls, It's nothing serious.

Amanda: *Sighs* Okay, why didn't you hang out with Desmond today?

Annabelle: Well, We are gonna see each other at the office, actually.

Julianne: I thought you two usually come to the office together?

Annabelle: Yeah, but this time, I wanted to hang out with you, girls.

The girls were still a bit confused as Annabelle gave a small smile to them and continued walking, Soon the girls made it to the office as Amanda and Julianne took their seats while Annabelle was looking through her phone before sitting down.

Eventually, Desmond made it to the office, He saw Annabelle using her phone as he smiled at her and waved at her, Annabelle noticed him and had a small smile on her face.

Annabelle waved at him as Crowe took his seat and looked at her again, The couple smiled at each other as Desmond pulled out some papers from the drawers as Annabelle opened her computer and began working

Emmy entered the office as she looked at Desmond and had a huge smile on her face.

Emmy: Morning, Desmond!

Desmond: *Smiles* Good morning, Emmy

She laughed and smiled at him before making her way to her seat, Annabelle was staring at them as she narrowed her eyes, Desmond began reading the papers as Annabelle stared at him before she continued her work.

She wondered why she felt jealousy of them, Annabelle knew how much Desmond loved her. However, Annabelle didn't like how close Emmy and Desmond were. she had some bad vibes about Rossum.