Chapter 88 - Pearls

Fifty days.

Fifty remaining days before harvest season ends and dead season starts.

Asha and her group finished everything atop the plateau they decided to live. The wolves were diligent and were fast to finish their tasks assigned by Asha. She have taught them how the sliding doors and sliding window shutters to be placed in every minka so they will be livable and ready to be used. Asha even regrow trees on a nearby mountain so they'll be able to cut them and made into planks. Half of the wolves were assigned to attach the doors and windows, while half were assigned to assemble chairs and tables and other furniture they plan to use. Theo and Tarik helped them as well by guiding and following the blueprint that Asha drew on the ground and explained how to create and make.

Asha, Dumu and Onslo went down to the capybara's area and discussed how their houses will be made and how many will be needed. They have to be ready for when they are done, Danube and Destan will join them when Asha will leave the island to gather supplies at the Abundant Plains. The twins will look for the two groups of capybaras who were also set to find a place where they will all stay before dead season starts. They just hope no mishap was encountered by the other groups.

Asha created twelve box-type houses that protrudes at the mountainside near the lake. She created four levels with four houses on every floor for the first three levels. Every house has two rooms and one spacious common area. She also created stairs and platforms just like what she did on the plateau she is staying. The top of the houses beneath the next floor serves as the pathway for the ones living on the top, creating this stair-like look on every floor the houses top each other. The stairs were placed at every end with safety railings. And at the very top floor was the house designated for the twins as leaders of the group. They have a large front yard that Asha had flowering trees grow. The twins' house is larger too for the common area is spacious enough to hold their group meetings. There are three large rooms and another huge room that Asha explained to them will be the group's pantry. She has assigned the twins to be responsible for the storage and distribution of their food. Dumu has surrounded the inside of the pantry with ice that won't melt. It can be closed by a solid door made of stone so the cold won't be able to escape and be trapped inside the room. This way, their food won't spoil fast and can be kept longer. The capybaras were happy for they will need such room to store lots of food.

Some of the capybaras joined the wolves in wood crafting to create their doors and windows as well. The two races have already bonded well, as they both work together so they can finish everything faster.

Everybody was happy with the outcome of their houses. They continued to work at the plateau where Asha is staying. They were making bowls and glasses, and other things that they will all use for their daily living. And since they are crowding the place and Elder Najyba was not used with the noise these busy beast men make, Asha created the floor below the plateau they are at as the workshop area. There was a huge shed where they can store the wood that they cut from the trees that Asha regrow repeatedly on the mountain beside them. She also made a pathway that connects the mountain and the floor they are staying at so it will be accessed easily and efficiently. Asha assigned Zeev to lead the workshop and was given permission to hire workers that would help him create other wood crafts in the future.

Everybody was surprised and shocked when all the trees in the forest began pulling their roots and walking. It all started when Asha was staring at the top view of the island as she stood at Onslo's back while he was flying steadily. Nobody knows why she was studying the topography of the whole island not until she hopped down from Onslo's back when they descended and touched the ground.