Chapter 6: Quincy...Um

Miranda POV

I walked down the hallways of my school and stopped at my locker. I opened it and got my books out. I closed it and there was Quincy leaning up against the looker next to me, trying to look cool. I laughed but I can't deny that he was cute.

Quincy: "Wassup ma?"

Me: "Don't call me that. My mom named me for a reason."

Quincy: "Okay lemme try this again. Open the locker then close it on 3. 1..2..3! Wassup Miranda? See that don't sound right. Do you have a nickname?"

Me: "Em"

Quincy: "Ok so Em, I would be honored if you would be my date to my party this weekend."

Me: "Sure"

Quincy: "You could at least spare my ego by sounding a lil' more excited."

Me: "You want the date or not?"

Quincy: "Okay Okay! Fiesty, I like it."

Me: "Bye Quincy."

Quincy: "We have first period together."

Me: "I'm walking away now"

Quincy: "Wait hol' up!"

*Day of the Party*
Quincy POV

Miranda should be here in ten minutes. I'm nervous. She makes me nervous. She makes me feel dumb. I spent all day googling how to impress her, how to dance with her, how to make her laugh, how to hold an intelligent conversation.

The door bell rang. It was her. She looked like her. No tight clothes, nothing revealing. It was her. She wasn't trying to impress anyone. And only she could pull this off.

Dad: "Is this the girl?"

Me: "Yep"

Dad: "Yah sho'?"

Me: "Yeah why?"

Dad: "She don't look like your type.0

Me: "That's why I like her."

Dad: "Good luck."

She always had a smirk on her face. Its sexy but it made me afraid of her. I didn't know if I should hug her or ... I just don't know.

I nodded my head at her and she raised her eyebrows. My mom ran into the room with a camera and tooabout 20 pictures. We left in a black lambo and arrived at the party. It was live! Girls was givin' lap dances and dancin' on poles. "Pony" by Genuwine came on and I asked Miranda to dance wit' me.

Me: "Come dance wit' me."

Miranda: "I don't dance."

Me: "You will tonight."

Miranda: "Let me rephrase that. I can't, don't and won't dance."

Me: "Lemme teach you."

Miranda: "Just once."

Me: "Sure."

I led her onto the dance floor and stood behind her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. I dipped to the beat and she soon got the hang of it. She had no rhythm at all, but it was nice actually dancing with a female. Usually I get let them twerk on me. But it's different with Miranda.

Booty Wurk came on and Miranda stopped dancing.

Me: "Why'd you stop?"

Miranda: "I can't dance. I won't even try to dance to this song."

Me: "Girl come on we can keep doin' what we was doin'."

Miranda glared at me, but we kept dancin'. Every now in then I would kiss where her neck meets her shoulder or my hands on her hips. After about ten songs some wierd song came on. Miranda knew it. She started dancin' like Mia in "The Princess Diaries". She really had me laughing. The sing went off and we went to go sit in the VIP area of the club I rented.