CHAPTER 34

"How can this be here? A green diary and rose embroidered in it!!! No it's fine! It can be an other book." I tried to calm myself thinking so. But I just couldn't ignore the book. I took the book from the shelf. It exactly looks the same. The same diary where I had wrote everything I remember about Rose from past. I opened the book and started reading from a random page.

"No it's fine. I had written in that diary and it's actually a book. But why isn't there any title given?"

""'Do you really wish this?' asked Emily.

'Yes Emily! What else do you want to hear? There is no other way. Are you regretti......""

"Davinia why are you reading here? Have you taken all the books?" asked brother Neel suddenly while I was reading that book.

"No. I was about to. Sorry," I replied quickly and started looking for the books I needed.

"Be quick. We need to go back right away."

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"I'm not sure but I just got a message from sister Katrina that we need to go back, Rose is back at home."

"Oh. I'll be quick."

We all went to the carriage after picking up all the books we needed and sat in silence.

"I know it might feel a little uncomfortable meeting Rose after all this year. But she is a part of our family. I hope you both will take a great care of her." said brother Neel and then looked at me and Meitry.

"Yes. We will," replied Meitry with a smile and hold my hand firmly.

Are they worried that I might not be able to welcome Rose wholeheartedly??? What can I even say? The truth is I never wanted her to return anyway.

Back At The Ducal Palace

"You both go ahead. I'll get the books," said brother.

"Okay," we replied.

"Stop lying Rose." We heard sister Athena scream while we were entering the hall. We quickly went inside.

A little girl was crying miserably. Silver hair and blue eyes. That must be Rose.

"It's enough Athena. Everyone go back to your room. Rose, Sir Dalton will show you your room. And Athena you come with me," said sister Katrina.

"What happened?" Meitry asked Logan.

"I don't know properly. But sister Athena is saying Rose broke her pendent which her mother gifted her."

"Did she really?"

"She is saying she didn't do it."

"When did she arrived?" I asked.

"I think it's been around 2 hours."

"And she is already making scene," said Matthew.

"Do you think she really broke it?" asked Clausius.

"Maybe it was a mistake," said Alex.

"Is brother Cedric home?" I asked.

"No he isn't back yet," replied Logan.

"Then I'll go back to my room," I said and turned around.

"Davinia, aren't you supposed to say hello to Rose at least?" asked Alex.

"I'm a little tired. I'll go to her after taking a nap," I replied and quickly came to my room before anyone could say anything else.

Author's Note: Extremely sorry about the late update.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like this chapter.