CHAPTER 26

"The Empress has sent me a letter."

"What is it about?"

"She is quite impressed with you I guess. But of course I know that's nothing new. Such things are expected from you anyway."

"Brother I don't quite understand, could you explain?"

"I don't know much as well. But she wishes to meet us again. Let's go tomorrow. And don't worry I'm sure she is happy with you," he comforted me as he said.

I came outside. I wonder what the Empress wants to say...

"Neel, my child. Where are you?" I heard a woman's sweet voice calling for brother Neel. I know who is she.

I ran to her at once, "Lady Prim, are you looking for brother Neel? Let's go to your room, I'll bring brother right away. Where is your maid?" I asked restlessly.

"Pia? Why do you look so small? What happened?"

"My Lady let's go to your room and I'm not Pia. I'm her daughter." I said vaguely.

"Pia's daughter?" she looked confused for a second. "Oh I remember. She was pregnant. She has such a pretty daughter," she said with a smile which made her angelic face even more prettier. "I wish I also had a daughter." Suddenly she looked sad. We went to her room in the meantime.

"Mother!!! Where were you?" brother Neel who was inside the room came running to Lady Prim.

"My Lady! Where were you gone?" her maid said while wiping her own tears.

"Why are you both worried? Look who I have found. She is Pia's daughter. I told you about Pia before right?"

"Yes you did," brother Neel replied. But he seemed both sad and worried. "Mother please seat. Why are you standing for so long?"

"You worry about me a lot, my child." she said with a beautiful smile. "You also come with me child," she added holding my hand.

Brother Neel looked at me worriedly ,"Yes, I'm coming." I replied to her.

"Child, where is Pia? Why does she not come to meet me anymore?"

"Mother I told before, she went to another country," brother instantly replied.

"But her daughter is here. Pia would never leave her own daughter alone. Child, where is your father?"

"He lives far away. She just came to meet brother Cedric. Mother you are wasting her time. We should let her go." brother said hastily.

"But she is so small. How can she go alone?" she asked with genuine concern.

"No it's fine. I can go," I said and left at once.

It's not my first time meeting Lady Prim, but she don't remember me at all. Brother every day visits her after breakfast and before going to bed and there are irregular visits also. Though I met her mostly when she was asleep. Brother looked worried also. I hope her condition hasn't worsen. But does she not know that mother has already passed away?

I went back to my room. But to my surprise there was already someone in my room.
"Flora, are you inside?"
"It's been long, my Lady!"

Author's Note: How is everyone doing? I  hope everyone is in good health.

I irregularly updated for the past few days but I'm back now. So there will be regular updates from now on.

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you enjoyed the chapter.

I ENDED UP AS A DUKE'S 7TH CHILD On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara