2.10

Gwen fought Owen for a moment when he tried to get her down to numb the area and get the bullet out but he had her calm soon enough. The kid, on the other hand, was still very much freaking out and currently pacing up and down the front room.

Winnie frowned at him and pulled up a chair, "Have a seat. What's your name?"

"I- who are you?", he was still panicking up but sat down and looked at her. With fear at her gun.

"I'm Doctor Winifred Tyler. And I know what I'm doing", she tilted her head, "Well, most of the time."

"I'm Keiran", he still looked cautious, but her full introduction had eased him a little.

"Okay, Keiran, what's going on here? Why did you shoot my friend?", she still had her gun aimed at the door and glanced back and forth between Keiran and the door.

"I don't know", he was back to crying, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shoot her. I was scared she was them."

"Who's them, Keiran?", but before he could answer Jack came back down the stairs.

"What's taking Tosh and Ianto so long?", he asked.

"Jack, give them a chance", Owen answered, having gotten through the majority of the operation, "The SUV might be locked up or under guard."

"Didn't think about that, honestly", Winnie mentioned, "If it's under guard it might not have been the smartest idea to send them alone."

"They could be dead", Keiran was still crying, "Well, everyone else is."

"Tell us what happened here", Jack got strict with him.

"It's not human", he glanced back and forth between Jack and Winnie, who was still aiming her gun at the door, ready to shoot at any given moment, "Look, my mum won't know what's happened. They're only expecting me back for the weekend."

"Look, we'll get you home, okay", Jack promised more gently.

"What are you going to do? You can't fight them, they're too strong. The only thing we can do is barricade the door."

"No", Jack protested vehemently, "We'll make a base at the pub."

"What about Tosh and Ianto?", Owen mentioned, "Should we go after them?"

"Not till we know what we're dealing with", Jack decided.

"But what if it's too late?"

"They're not children. They know what to do. Let's go."

Jack went to help Gwen but Owen waved him off, "It's all right. I've got her."

So instead Jack joined Winnie who was currently flanking Keiran out of the building to protect the boy while also having her team in mind. Keiran watched Gwen and Owen struggle for a moment, "I'm sorry about your friends."

"Keiran, let's go, come on", Winnie pushed him onwards.

"So, if we barricade ourselves in, what happens to Tosh and Ianto?", Owen asked as they put furniture up by the doors to block them. Keiran was helping while Gwen was forced to sit down.

"Why are we still talking about this?", Jack rolled his eyes, "Tosh and Ianto can look after themselves. The kid is our first priority. Now, they've already been for him once. They're not going to give up that easily."

Winnie ushered Keiran to sit down and try to relax for a moment. And looking up at the woman he seemed to actually relax a little bit. Considering the state they'd found him in, anything would have been an improvement.

"So, have we ever heard of a species who strips human bodies of flesh and organs?", Gwen asked as she was now standing by the blackboard next to the dart board, taking notes.