1.10

"It's your turn, Winifred", the Doctor said, gesturing to the door for her to open it.

Winnie grinned at him. Home. And she would be the one to open the door. As she stepped out into the courtyard of their building she heard Rose ask, "How long have we been gone?"

The two came out of the Tardis and the Doctor answered, "About twelve hours."

"Right. Fred, you coming up?", she turned to her sister.

"I'll be there in a moment, don't have an excuse yet."

"Right. I won't be long. I just want to see Mum", she told them as she walked backwards away from them.

"What're you going to tell her?"

"I don't know. I've been to the year five billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours?", Rose shrugged and with a grin said, "Nah, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shareen's. See you later. Oh, don't you disappear!"

She ran up to the stairs and Winnie turned back to the Doctor, "You are going to take us with you again, right? Why are we here?"

"Thought you might want to see your mum", he shrugged, "Of course I'll take you with me again. If that's what you want."

"You just promised me you'd listen to me. I can't quit now", she chuckled, and he joined in, "Right. I think I'll just tell her it's none of her business and let her imagination run wild. Knowing mum, she's going to like that."

She squeezed the Doctor's arm and then ran off after Rose. When she arrived in the flat, a broken mug laid in the entrance to the kitchen where Jackie was holding Rose's face, "It's you."

"Of course it's me", Rose replied with furrowed brows.

"Oh my God, and Winnie, Winifred, come here", Jackie ushered Winnie over to them and then pulled both her daughters into a hug, "Oh my God."

"It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months", the Doctor barged in, "You've been gone a whole year. Sorry."

Minutes later, when Jackie finally let her daughters go, anger had taken over her mood and she had the girls sitting down on the sofa like they did when they were five, the Doctor standing in the corner while she called the police.

"A year you've been gone", Jackie paced the room while she waited for the police, "A year!"

A policeman arrived and sat in the living room with them, giving the sisters a once-over as he held their missing poster up to confirm.

"Of course it's them", Jackie scolded him, "You think I won't recognise my own daughters? They haven't changed a bit. A year they've been gone, yet they look exactly the same, not even the clothes have changed."

"We've been travelling", Rose said quietly, almost ashamed.

"The hours I've sat here, days and weeks and months, all on my own. I thought you were dead, and where were you? Travelling", Jackie scolded them, "What the hell does that mean, travelling? That's no sort of answer. You ask her. She won't tell me", she turned to the policeman, "That's all she says, travelling."

"But- but we were travelling", Winnie muttered.

"When your passports are still in the drawer?", Jackie squeaked, "It's just one lie after another."

"We meant to phone. We really did. We just- We forgot", Rose whispered.

"What, for a year? You forgot for a year? Winifred, you'd never do this. Rose has done this before but you- Winifred, I thought you were the good kid."

"Oi", Rose whined quietly.

"Sorry", Winnie looked down in shame.

"You're sorry, Winifred? I am left sitting here. I just don't believe you. Why won't you tell me where you've been?"