1.25

Inside Not-Winnie's room, Winnie was surprised to wake up naturally, not by some mauve alert the Tardis had made her aware of or the Doctor fervently knocking against her door. She yawned and stretched with a subtle smile on her face, really having needed the sleep.

After World War Two she and the Doctor had not gotten to talk about feelings, as expected. Instead, the newly-formed group of four had later moved their party to the library where the fireplace was lit, music was played and they had a long, fun night, after which Winnie had fallen asleep on the couch and woken up in her bed to the prior-described fervent knocks on her door, alerting her of a red alert in a newly opened art museum in the thirty-fifth century.

They had gotten dressed up to eat nibbles and drink champagne, soon ending up in the same position as the 'night' before. A few adventures later Winnie had quietly asked the Doctor for a day off and apparently he had agreed. Because now, she felt well-rested and even had the time to take a cold shower, wash and care for her hair and - get this - moisturise her face and body, although that still carried a bitter aftertaste.

As she was wrapped in a towel, walking from the bathroom to the wardrobe there was a soft knock on her door so, still walking, knowing she had nothing to worry about from the people around, she called for the person to enter.

"Good morning", the Doctor then stood in not-her room with a plate of a full English breakfast and a cup of black coffee.

Winnie had to smile at the sight and smell, "Good morning. Thank you for letting me sleep in."

"You've slept a solid twelve hours", he grinned, "I mean, you're welcome. I got you breakfast."

He put the meal down on the dresser and then sat down on the sofa in front of her bed. From the wardrobe she continued a conversation, "Thank you. Do you have anything planned for today?"

"We're just in Cardiff, refuelling on the rift, you know Gwyneth's?", upon her 'uh-huh' he continued, "We might need to stay a day, so you'll get another night of sleep. But Jack and Rose want to head out for lunch later. In Cardiff time it's currently ten a.m. so give it another two to three hours. We're teaching Jack about the Tardis right now."

"You left them alone in the console room?", Winnie walked out with a grin, wearing a black silk dress over a white tee-shirt with a large bomber-jacket on her arm and combat boots on her feet. She sat down next to the Doctor after picking up her food.

Realisation dawned on his face, "I left them alone in the console room."

"Doctor, relax. At least let me finish breakfast", she rolled her eyes and rubbed his shoulder.

"All right", he was nervously tapping his foot.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine", she pushed as much eggs and bacon in her mouth as she could fit, put the plate down and picked up her cup. Then she motioned for the Doctor to get up and come on.

He shook his head at her with a charmed smile and followed her. In the console room Jack was closing the door and Rose and Mickey were hugging by the console.

"Mickey, hey", Winnie smiled, having chewed down.

"Mickey", the Doctor greeted cheerfully.

"Ricky", Winnie corrected, then shook her head, "Wait, did you just-? I'm sorry, Mickey, I'm just so used to him getting it wrong."

"Don't worry about it", he handed Rose a passport, "There you go."

She smiled and held it close, "I can go anywhere now."

"I told you, you don't need a passport", the Doctor told her and joined Jack in doing the maintenance on the upper floor.

"It's all very well going to Platform One and Justice and the Glass Pyramid of San Kaloon, but what if we end up in Brazil? I might need it", she grinned, "You see, I'm prepared for anything."