SHOT 28

Please don't forget to vote and comment...

Third person's pov!

"Enough!" Abhay exclaimed, his words cutting through the air like a knife.

Neelam recoiled at Abhay's outburst, her eyes widening in shock at the sudden change in atmosphere.

Anjana reached out to place a comforting hand on his arm, her expression filled with concern.

"Abhi, calm down. Neelam doesn't know. She meant no harm. Please, don't ruin this evening with your anger." She said softly, her voice soothing.

But the fire of resentment still burned within Abahy, fuelling pent-up frustration and resentment. He rose abruptly from his seat, his hands trembling with barely contained rage.

"I am sorry, Mama, but I can't stay here. I need some air." He said tersely, his voice strained with emotion.

With that, he stormed out of the restaurant, leaving behind a stunned silence in his wake.

Shravan hurriedly got up and ran after him.

As Abhay stepped out into the cool night air, he couldn't help but feel a sense of overwhelming helplessness wash over him, knowing that no matter how hard he tried, he could never escape the ghosts of his past.

"Abhay.." Shravan called out as he came near Abhay.

"Why did you burst out like that?" Shravan asked softly.

"What was I supposed to do? When that lady said Vaiga is my wife, I remained silent thinking that someone would correct her. But no one did. And then she went ahead and said Kriti looks like Vaiga. I just couldn't sit there and listen to it. Kriti's mother is Kiara. I stole her right to raise her baby. I won't let anybody else become her mother even in name's sake." Abhay said furiously and Shravan nodded in understanding.

"I understand. Please relax, Abhay. Let's go for a drink." Shravan said and dragged him towards the car. Shravan drove towards the pub where they usually meet for their Friday nights.

As Abhay and Shravan settled into a corner table at the pub, the tension from the earlier confrontation still hung heavy in the air. Shravan eyed Abhay warily, concern etched into his features as he contemplated his friend's volatile mood.

"Two chilled beers," Shravan ordered, hoping to alleviate the tension with a familiar comfort.

"Bring something hot. I need something stronger than a beer." But Abhay's response caught him off guard.

Shravan's eyes widened in disbelief, a furrow forming between his brows as he processed Abhay's request. They rarely deviated from their routine of beer, and the sudden change unsettled him.

"We only drink beer, Abhay. You know that," Shravan replied, his tone laced with concern.

But Abhay remained adamant, his resolve unyielding.

"Bring a bottle of vodka," he insisted, his voice firm.

Shravan hesitated, torn between his loyalty to his friend and his concern for his well-being. But ultimately, he couldn't ignore the red flags that Abhay's request raised.

"I can't let you do that, Abhay. You know how you get when you drink hard liquor," Shravan protested, his voice tinged with worry. He was reminded of the last time Abhay had hard liquor. He had drunk himself into oblivion, leading to the unfortunate incident of Kiara's death.

But Abhay's determination remained unshaken, his gaze piercing as he locked eyes with Shravan.

"I need it, Shravan. Please," he pleaded, his voice betraying a hint of desperation.

With a heavy heart, Shravan relented, reluctantly signalling for a bottle of vodka. As the drinks arrived, he watched helplessly as Abhay poured one shot after another, his movements growing increasingly unsteady with each passing moment.

With each sip, Abhay seemed to sink deeper into his own turmoil, his mind clouded by memories and regrets. He muttered incomprehensible curses under his breath, his hands trembling as he raised the glass to his lips.

"I want to see my daughter. I want to hold her. I want to kiss her." Abhay's speech slurred, but Shravan could make out what he was saying.

Shravan's heart ached as he witnessed his friend's downward spiral, his own sense of helplessness mirroring Abhay's inner turmoil. He cursed himself for suggesting the pub, for dragging Abhay into a situation that only seemed to exacerbate his pain.

As Abhay's speech slurred and his movements grew more erratic, Shravan knew they had to leave before things spiralled out of control. With great effort, he managed to coax Abhay out of his seat and steer him towards the exit, his mind racing with concern for his friend's well-being.

The drive back to Abhay's home was fraught with tension, the silence between them heavy with unspoken words. Shravan stole glances at Abhay, his heart aching at the sight of his friend in such a vulnerable state.

When they finally reached Abhay's home, Anjana's shocked gasp greeted them as she caught sight of Abhay's intoxicated state.

Tears welled in her eyes as she took in the sight of her son in such a sorry state, her heart breaking at the thought of his pain.

"Oh Abhi! What have you done to yourself?" She asked, her heart aching.

But Abhay paid no heed to her distress, his focus singular as he stumbled towards Vaiga's room. Anjana hurried after him, her voice trembling with fear and concern as she tried to stop him.

"Abhi, please, you are not in a state to go in there," she pleaded, her hands reaching out to grasp his arm.

But Abhay shook her off, his eyes glassy with determination as he knocked insistently on Vaiga's door. Ignoring Anjana's protests, he kept knocking and Vaiga opened the door in worry.

He barged into the room, his unsteady footsteps echoing in the silence.

Vaiga's eyes widened in shock and fear as she took in the sight of Abhay, her heart pounding with apprehension. But Abhay paid her no mind, his gaze fixed solely on the sleeping figure of his daughter.

With trembling hands, he reached out to caress her cheek, his touch gentle yet filled with longing. Tears welled in his eyes as he whispered brokenly, his voice choked with emotion.

"I miss you, baby," he murmured, his words barely audible above the soft rustle of the sheets. "I want to hold you, touch you, kiss you. I am so sorry, Kriti. Daddy's so sorry."

As he sat next to her on the bed, his heart heavy with regret and longing, Abhay's world seemed to shrink to the confines of that tiny room, his pain and his love intertwined in a tangled web of emotions.

Slowly, he laid next to his baby for the very first time in his life and slowly his breath evened out as he fell into a deep slumber, with his baby next to him.

A/N

Let's hope this is a new beginning for the father daughter duo...

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️