SHOT 1

Abhay Dev Agnihotri's pov!

"Where are you going?" Kiara asked angrily as she approached me, with her hand supporting her baby bump.

"Kiara, I already told you about the dinner. Maa wants us to be there. Get ready quickly. We are already late." I said impatiently, realising that she is still in her night dress.

"We are not going anywhere. Let's stay here. We can order something. Or I will make something quickly. We can have dinner sitting on the balcony today. Just the two of us." Kiara said, desperately holding my arms, trying to discourage me from going for dinner at my home.

I took deep breaths to control my temper.

My life is a mess! It has totally gone out of my control and now I am merely a doll that plays when Kiara keys me. I cannot do anything I wish because she is pregnant and her condition is very delicate at the moment.

But one day soon, I am going to blow up. And that day most probably would be today.

The last two times, Mama invited us over for dinner, Kiara created a ruckus and made me cancel it. She wants me all for herself. She is obsessed with me and I am finding it hard to handle this obsession of hers.

The tension hung thick in the air as I tried to steady my racing heartbeat. Kiara's grip on my arms tightened, her desperation palpable. I glanced down at her, taking in the sight of her swollen belly and the exhaustion etched on her face. Guilt and frustration warred within me as I tried to navigate the delicate situation.

"Kiara, I understand you want to spend time together, but Maa has been looking forward to this dinner. It's important to her," I reasoned, my tone softening. I gently pried her fingers from my arm, but her eyes bore into mine with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine.

She was scaring me. Her obsession was scaring me.

"I don't care about your mother or anyone else. I care about us, Abhay. Can't you see that?" Her voice trembled with a mix of fear and possessiveness.

"I need you here with me. I can't bear the thought of you being away, especially now." Her voice sliced through the air sharply.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. The internal struggle intensified. On one hand, I wanted to be there for my family, to maintain a sense of normalcy. I cannot simply give up on my parents and siblings. My parents have been through enough after losing one of their children. Our beloved Gudiya. Now, they are slowly losing me too. And I cannot let that happen.

On the other hand, I couldn't ignore Kiara's fear and the vulnerability that came with her pregnancy.

"Kiara, I promise we will have our time, just the two of us. But we can't keep cancelling plans with my family. It's not fair to them. They are my family, Kiara. How can you expect me to give up on them?" I explained, hoping she would understand the gravity of the situation.

"You are choosing them over me. Again." She released a heavy breath, her eyes welling up with unshed tears.

The accusation hung in the air, slicing through me like a knife. It wasn't about choosing one over the other; it was about finding a balance. But that balance seemed elusive in the constant whirlwind of emotions that defined our relationship.

"I am not choosing anyone over you. I just want to make everyone happy, including you," I said, my voice cracking under the strain of the situation.

"I don't believe you. I know you want to go there and forget about me. Just like always." Kiara's gaze softened momentarily before hardening again.

The words hit me like a punch to the gut. How had our relationship deteriorated to this point? I took a step back, needing some space to collect my thoughts. The weight of my responsibilities felt suffocating, and I struggled to breathe.

"Kiara, I love you, but I can't keep living like this. We need to find a way to make this work for both of us," I pleaded, my voice tinged with desperation.

"I am carrying our child, Abhay. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Doesn't that make us a priority?" She clutched her belly, tears streaming down her face.

"I love our child, and I love you. But I can't lose myself in the process. I need you to trust me, to understand that I have a life beyond this." I whispered, almost to myself.

"A life beyond us?" Kiara asked again and her tears were making me angry now. All she does is cry, cry and cry. And I am tired of this routine now. It has been ages since I have known a moment of peace.

"I need some space, Kiara.." I said and without turning back, I walked out of the apartment, after informing the security of the apartment complex to send his wife to Kiara.

Instead of going to my family home, I drove recklessly around the city. On the way, I bought a bottle of hot liquor and drove straight towards an isolated area in the outskirts of the city. I could see my phone screen blinking again and again indicating incoming calls from Kiara, but for the first time in my life, I ignored them.

I was feeling too much suffocated at the moment. I need some fresh air.

I don't know how long I sat there, drinking to oblivion.

The next time I opened my eyes, it was almost dawn. I groaned and clutched my head which was hurting like hell.

I looked at my cell phone screen and my eyes widened seeing the two hundred plus missed calls.

My phone rang again and it was Siddhu.

"Siddhu.."

"Bhai? Where the hell are you, bhai?" Siddhu was crying from the other side of the phone and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Siddhu. What is it? What is wrong?" I asked in fear.

"Bhabhi is gone, bhai."

I woke up with a start as the memories of that day assailed me hard.. I looked at the digital clock in my room and realised it was only three in the morning. This was a nightmare I have been waking up to since Kiara's untimely death due to my irresponsibility.

"Oh Kiara..."

A/N

Here goes the first shot!

Tell me what you think about the whole situation.

And for those who have been expecting a story of Abhay and Kiara, I apologise. I am not at all good at writing reconciliation between couple who didn't separate out of misunderstandings. Abhay and Kiara story would be more focused on insecurities and vulnerabilities, which  I am not good at writing. Hope you guys understand.

Please do vote and comment!

Love,

SF ❤️