SHOT 14

Abhay's pov!

"Oh by the way, what's the deal with this Vaiga? The new nanny?" Shravan asked curiously.

"She is not a nanny. I misunderstood that she was a nanny. She is actually Papa's friend's daughter. She had been through a bad divorce recently and it seems she was going into depression, locking herself in the room, refusing to come out. So, Papa and Mama brought her along, because they all believed she needed a change." I said, conveying the information I have on her.

"Oh! Drishti did mention she was going over to meet a family friend of yours. I didn't make the connection." Shravan said.

"Why did you think she was a nanny?" Mithran asked in confusion.

"Because she is always with Kriti, running after her, feeding her, making her sleep. Kriti goes to bed with her nowadays. It all made me think that she is a nanny." Abhay said, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe she found solace in Kriti.." Shravan said softly and I shot an exasperated look at him.

"What?" Shravan asked in confusion.

"Everyone is saying the same thing. She finds solace in Kriti. She forgets her pain when Kriti is around. Nobody is thinking about the emotional effect it would have on Kriti. Vaiga will one day come out of her pain and sufferings and she will go back to where she came from. What will be my daughter's condition after that? Nobody thinks about that! I understand that girl has been through a trauma. And she finds happiness when Kriti is around. But I cannot let Kriti be collateral damage, once this is all over.." I said, explaining my worry to them and they nodded in understanding.

"That also needs to be considered. Sorry, I didn't think about it." Shravan apologised and I shrugged it off.

"So, what are you going to do about all this?" Mithran asked and I shot a helpless look at them.

"I cannot go and say this to Mama and Papa. I can imagine what their response would be. Let me see. Papa had asked me to check the formalities of her writing her last semester examinations. Arvind, our schoolmate, is a lecturer. I will ask him the details today. Maybe, once the exams are over, she might return home." I said hopefully.

Arvind studied with me and Mithran in school. Shravan had joined us during our college life.

"You are worried about Kriti becoming a collateral damage while Vaiga recovers from her heartache. Aren't you not going to address the fact that she is already becoming a collateral damage to your guilt?" Mithran asked help and I looked at him painfully. Because I know it was the truth. I am worrying over how others actions are going to hurt my little girl in the long run. But I am doing the same crime.

"I didn't say that to hurt you, Abhay. But one day, you will have to address these facts. You know how my Chaahat is. She was too emotionally detached from everyone and that was because she was deprived of the love of her parents since she was a child. It moulded her into what she is today. Don't let that happen to your daughter too, when you have the chance to make it different." Mithran said and I could only remain silent.

After spending twenty more minutes there, we decided to leave. Mithran left for home, while Shravan joined me, as his wife Drishti was at my home.

It was only a fifteen minutes drive home and as we reached home, we were welcomed by the loud laughter of Siddhu, Drishti and Mama.

They were laughing with abandon and Vaiga had a fond smile on her face, as she caressed the cheeks of an angry Kriti, who was sitting on her lap and glaring at the laughing trio.

"What's going on here?" Shravan asked, as he walked towards the living room. I was about to walk towards the stairs, to go to my room, when Shravan pulled me towards the couch.

I sighed in defeat and sat there, my eyes wandering towards Kriti now and again. She looked very annoyed and her cheeks were puffed up, making her look so darn adorable. I wanted to take her in my arms and give a loud kiss on her puffy cheeks, but I didn't dare to.

"What's the matter? Why is little Kriti angry?" Shravan asked, looking lovingly at Kriti.

"Oh Shravan bhai, you should have been here. She bit Drishti so hard, I am sure Drishti has Kriti's mouth impression etched clearly on her thighs." Siddhu said with a laugh and Shravan chuckled.

"What did you do to annoy the little girl, Drishti?" Shravan asked in amusement.

"I didn't do anything. I just leaned towards Vaiga, when I was laughing. But who knew this little firecracker was so possessive of Vaiga. She didn't like me sitting besides Vaiga." Drishti said pointing towards Kriti and Vaiga and everyone laughed once again, but my mind was in a turmoil.

With each passing day, Kriti was getting more and more attached to Vaiga and I don't know how to put a stop to it. Shravan glanced at me, probably understanding my emotional turmoil.

I excused myself and hurried towards my room and the first thing I did was get in touch with Arvind.

Third person's pov!

It was dinner time and everyone had gathered around the dining table.

"Abhay, did you enquire about what I told you?" Niranjan asked, and everyone except Viaga looked on curiously. Vaiga was busy feeding Kriti, who was making a mess of the mashed veggies on her plate.

"Yes, papa. Arvind said, there is an exam scheduled within three weeks. But she will have to apply for it immediately. There are options to apply last minute, but the fees would be higher. If not, the next exam comes six months later. She can decide." Abhay said, and glanced at Vaiga and frowned, realising she hadn't paid any attention to what he just said.

"Vaiga, what do you think?" Niranjan asked and Vaiga startled and looked at them confusingly, not understanding what was the topic of discussion.

Niranjan explained to her what Abhay just said and Vaiga didn't know what to say.

"I.. I can't.." She said softly, her voice barely audible.

"Of course, you can. You are a bright student, Vaiga. I have seen your certificates. Don't spoil your education and career for someone who isn't worthy of it." Anjana said angrily and Vaiga looked at her plate, without responding.

"I talked to Raghu about this and he also wants you to complete your course.." Niranjan said and Vaiga looked on helplessly.

"Don't think too much, Vaiga. This is your future. This is necessary." Siddhu added.

"No more discussion on this. Abhay, take Vaiga with you tomorrow and meet your friend and complete the formalities, so that she can write her exams within three weeks."

A/N

How do you think Abhay would react to his father's demand?

Stay tuned for some upcoming Abhay Vaiga scenes..

Please do vote, comment and share..

Love,

SF❤️