SHOT 15

Vaiga's pov!

"No more discussion on this. Abhay, take Vaiga with you tomorrow and meet your friend and complete the formalities, so that she can write her exams within three weeks." Niranjan uncle said and I looked at him in horror.

I could see my own horror mirrored on Dev ji's face.

"What? Papa, I have work. Things are hectic at the office. I cannot stay away." Dev ji said with a scowl on his face.

"That office is my blood and sweat, Abhi. I know it more than you. It can survive a few hours without you. Don't argue, go with Vaiga and look after the formalities. Siddhu have his supplementary exams tomorrow, else I would have sent him with her." Niranjan uncle said and Siddhu smiled cheekily, when his arrears were mentioned.

"Niranjan uncle, it's okay. I will manage. Just give me the address of the place." I said awkwardly, clearly seeing the dislike on Dev ji's face. I don't want to be a burden on anybody.

"What nonsense. You are new to this place. Abhi will take you there." Anjana Maa said and Dev ji angrily left, without finishing his food. It made me feel all the more bad.

"Anjana Maa, I would have gone. Let's not bother Dev ji, please." I said once again.

"Vaiga, let's not talk about this anymore. Be ready by ten in the morning. Abhi will take you." Niranjan uncle said and I couldn't argue anymore. But I wasn't comfortable going with him, when he has made it very clear that he doesn't want to accompany me.

As the dinner table fell into an uncomfortable silence, my thoughts wandered, consumed by a whirlwind of thoughts. I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air, a palpable tension that seemed to suffocate me.

Lost in my own thoughts, I barely noticed the small hand tugging at my sleeve, pulling me back to the present. I looked down to see Kriti, her big, round eyes filled with curiosity and mischief.

With a giggle, she reached out to grab my hand, her tiny fingers wrapping around mine with surprising strength.

"Ga ga," she babbled, trying to get my attention.

I couldn't help but smile at her antics, the heaviness in my heart momentarily forgotten. Leaning down, I dropped a kiss on top of her head.

"Hey there, little troublemaker. Sorry for getting distracted." I said affectionately, as I gave her a spoonful of mashed veggies.

With a mischievous glint in her eye, she reached out to grab a stray strand of my hair, pulling it playfully.

"Ga ga," she repeated, her words a jumble of excitement.

"Uh oh." I gently pried her fingers off my hair.

As I tried to coax her into eating, Kriti's attention wavered, her gaze drifting towards the array of toys scattered across the room. With a mischievous glint in her eyes and a sudden burst of energy, Kriti pushed herself up from her high chair, her chubby legs kicking excitedly as she tried to make her way towards the toys.

My eyes widened in surprise as I watched Kriti's daring escape attempt, my heart filled with equal parts amusement and concern, as the high chair stumbled with Kriti's excited movements.

"Kriti, sweetheart, where do you think you are going?" I asked with a short laugh, as I steadied the high chair with one hand.

But Kriti was undeterred, her determination shining through as she leaned towards the edge of the table with single-minded focus. With a gleeful giggle, she reached out to grab a stray napkin, her tiny fingers wrapping around it with surprising strength.

As I moved to intercept her, Kriti let out a triumphant squeal, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she waved her newfound treasure in the air.

Oh god! She is so adorable..

The tension faded and everyone around burst into laughter seeing Kriti's antics.

Abhay's pov!

What the hell!

Why do I have to accompany some random girl and take care of her education? What is wrong with Papa?

I couldn't contain my anger.

"Damn it." I cursed as I threw my phone on the bed.

A knock on the door earned my attention and I opened the door to find Papa. I moved aside so that Papa could come in.

"Abhi, I know you are angry. But Raghu is a very dear friend of mine. And he is struggling a lot seeing Vaiga's condition. I know how it feels, because I have seen your life getting ruined. I had Anjana by my side at least to share my worries. Raghu doesn't have that either. He is too stressed about Vaiga. If he comes to know that Vaiga is ready to complete her exams, he will be happy. Please do this for me." Papa said in a pleading tone and I took deep breaths to control my temper.

"Fine, papa. Ask her to be ready by ten in the morning. I will let Arvind know that I will be coming with her." I said.

Maybe, I should just get this done with. Once her exams are over, she might go back. I should do something to ensure that.

I cannot have her stay over for more time and have my daughter get attached to her more than she already is.

"Thank you, Abhi." Papa said and I frowned.

"Papa, I am your son. What is this new formality of saying thank you and all." I asked with a frown and he chuckled.

"Oh, by the way, I came to say something else too." Papa said.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Vaiga's exams will be over in three weeks. Make a position for her in the office. Let her start as an intern and once her results are out, let's make a permanent position for her there.." Papa said and I looked at him in disbelief.

What nonsense is he saying? I am planning to pack her off once her exams are over and here he is making plans to make her stay permanent here.

I have to come up with some plans!

I have to get rid of her.

A/N

Here you go..

Don't you guys think Abhay is giving a bit too much importance for Vaiga🤪

Let's see whose plans wins..

Please do vote, comment and share the story..

Love,

SF❤️