SHOT 26

Don't forget to vote and comment guys!

Vaiga's pov!

"Hey, I think this is a new shop. I didn't see this the last time I came here. Come on, let's go in and check.." Drishti said excitedly as she pointed at a clothing outlet in the mall.

I stared at her in awe and disbelief.

We have been here for more than three hours and I was starting to get a severe muscle pain in my leg because of all the walking. But Drishti is still energetic and ready for more shopping.

"Oh Drishti, I can't walk anymore. You go and see what you would like to get. Take Siddhu with you. Vaiga and I will sit somewhere and relax in the meanwhile." Anjana Maa said, as though she heard my silent pleas and I could only sigh in relief hearing her words.

"Excuse me, Mama. Why do I have to accompany her if she needs to go shopping? I am not walking another step, no matter what." Siddhu said adamantly, as he glared at Drishti, who shot a stink eye at him.

"Oh really? Then why don't you go back to the office and do some productive work? I will call Abhi bhaiyya right away and let him know that you aren't interested in shopping anyways." Drishti said sarcastically and it was Siddhu's turn to shoot the stink eye.

"Excuse me, I came from the office to drive my Mama and Vaiga around. Not for shopping." Siddhu said with a huff of annoyance.

"Oh please. Don't worry about that my darling Siddhu. You take a cab and go to the office. I can drive Anjana Aunty and Vaiga around." Drishti said cheekily and Siddhu shot an annoyed look at her.

Their friendship is so sweet. And it is always fun to watch their banter. They both are at each other's throat always, but if a third person says something to either of them, they both become a team and roast that person who comes in between.

"That's enough, two of you. Let's go to some restaurant and wait for Niranjan and Abhay to join us. We will have dinner and go home. Drishti, call Shravan too." Anjana Maa said and I felt uneasy at the thought of having to share a dinner table with Dev ji.

Over the last few weeks, I had managed to avoid sharing the same space as him, making some or the other excuses. Knowing very well that I wasn't welcome to join, it felt awkward.

"Is she still sleeping?" Anjana Maa asked and peeked into the stroller. I did the same and found a peacefully sleeping baby Kriti inside the stroller.

Looking at her, the unease I felt washed away and pure joy and peace filled my heart.

I will tolerate anything, put up with anything to have her presence in my life in any way possible.

"What stream would you like to opt for your post graduation, Vaiga?" Anjana Maa asked and I was startled at that question.

I had no plans on doing a post graduation. Earlier I wanted to, but then my life spiralled out of control and everything was chaotic. Even, the final semester exams, I wrote at Anjana Maa's insistence.

"I- I don't want to do post graduation, Anjana Maa." I said softly and she shot an angry glare at me.

"Of course, you have to. Don't spoil your career or life for anything, Vaiga. Education is important. And you should have a job and you should become financially independent. Nowadays, a postgraduate degree is a must if you want a better job. So, take your time and choose which stream you would love to opt for. You have no other choice." Anjana Maa said adamantly.

The drive towards the restaurant was filled with banters between Siddhu and Drishti, but my mind wandered back to the memories of Shivaa.

"Vaiga, I am really sorry. I thought Maa would agree. I didn't think she would outrightly say no to you continuing your education." Shiva said apologetically and I felt my eyes filling up with tears.

"Appa didn't want me to get married so early, Shiva. He agreed to this only because I loved you. And since there were some issues in your horoscope, we had to get married in a hurry. All my Appa ever said was to never let anything interfere with my education. How would I tell Appa that I won't be attending the college anymore?" I asked, angry and helpless at the same time.

Shiva had promised me that my education would continue smoothly, without any issues. But his mother wanted a stay at home daughter in law.

"I am helpless, Vaiga.." Shiva said and I felt the anger bubbling up inside me.

"How can you say that, Shiva? You spoke to your mother only once. She said no and now you are telling me that I cannot continue with my education. How is that fair? You didn't even try to convince your Amma.." I said furiously.

"Don't raise your voice, Vaiga. Amma would hear. She wouldn't like it." Shiva hissed angrily.

"I cannot give up on my education, Shiva.." I said adamantly and Shiva let out an exasperated sigh.

"I went against my Amma to marry you, Vaiga. We hurt her by getting together against her wishes. I cannot hurt her anymore. But I will help you out with studies and you can write the exams. I will make some excuses during your exam time and will send you home. But you cannot attend the classes, Vaiga. You have to make this compromise for us." Shiva said and I had no other choice than to agree to him. I loved him too much to give up on him.

"Vaiga, we reached." Anjana Maa shook me and I startled out of my thoughts.

I got out of the car, with baby Kriti in my arms. Siddhu took the stroller out of the boot of the car and I gently placed her into the stroller.

A/N

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️