Chapter 27: Daddy's Home

Cut Throat stared at the toodler who was still giggling at him. He was so beautiful.

He felt an emotion that was unfamiliar to him.

He had inherited his mother's good looks.

What did the mother call him ? Xavi ? As in short for Xavier ?

His hands shaking, he slowly brought down the gun that was aimed towards the beautiful mother and the baby boy

From his side eye he felt KO lowering his gun too on his left hand side.

"Do you have the target ?" came the voice of Sergeant Domingo in Cut Throats ear piece

Cut Throat still stared at the beautiful site in front of him

"Look Momma big gunny..." the toodler said giggling pointing to Cut Throat

Leila held the boy close to her chest, her eyes were wide with tears falling slowly down, she was clearly panicking, her body was shaking.

Her eyes flickering between KO, Cut Throat and inside the house, as though her mind was thinking if she should make a run for it inside, it was almost as though Cut Throat could hear her mind resolving that it would be pointless.

KO stood with his gun lowered in an awkward position staring the beautiful baby boy

the baby boy waved at him "Hiieeeeee !" he said out loud waving his chubby hands at KO

KO stood frozen to the ground, at the unexpected response from the baby, his eyes wide, blinking in shock.

"Comrade can you confirm if contact has been made with the target ?" Sergeant Domingo's voice echoed in his ear

"Confirm." Cut Throat said, his voice choking up, before he took out his ear piece, he could see KO turn to look at him.

Cut Throat was heavily armed, apart from the gun he was carrying he also had weapons in his uniform, he slowly started to approach Leila and the baby, slowly taking out his weapons one by one, throwing them to the ground

He was aware that all the eyes were watching him.

Cut Throat took out the gun in his inside pocket, taking out the magazine from the gun throwing it slowly onto the floor.

One by one he took out the small sharp blades from the inside of his gloves, he released the zip , the blades slowly all falling onto the ground, the beautiful boys eyes growing wide hearing the clicking noise of the blades hitting the floor.

As Cut Throat reached the two of them, Leila, looked wide eyed at Cut Throat, he gently put his hands out to the most beautiful baby boy he had seen. It wasn't planned, it almost a natural instinct. Cut Throat had realized in his specific gear he was probably intimidating looking, but he wanted nothing more than to hold the little boy in his arms, to his surprise the toodler giggled showing his brilliant two front teeth.

He also jumped into Cut Throats arms instinctively. Cut Throat closed his eyes, he could smell the boys hair which smelt it was just freshly shampooed. Everything about him was soft and warm. Something that he had missed in his life past 2 years..

He felt a whirlpool of emotions, which he had never experienced in his life. The rage, anger, sense of betrayal that he had built up inside of him, felt as though they vanished within a second.

What was this feeling he was feeling?

Leila turned her face , her eyes opening in horror, Cut Throat turned slowly to see , pulling himself away from the embrace of the child