Chapter 26: Fallen Comrade

Authors Notes: Guys hang in there with me, the time lines are all indicated at the start of each section x0x0

*2 Years Ago*

Leila sat on the toilet pot, staring at the two lines showing on her pregnancy test. Her eyes welling up in tears. A mix of shock, disbelief and dread. If she were honest with herself, She hadn't ever thought about motherhood. She continued to stare in horror at the lines. She looked around her surroundings, she was in a toilet cubicle still inside of the C40 premises. The building was dark and grey...honestly it was depressing. The atmosphere was the furthest thing away from the innocence of a baby.

She hung her head low, the tears gushing down her face. What should she do ?

She heard a gentle knock on the door

"Are you okay ?" she heard the soft voice of Cut Throat speaking from the other side.

Leila quickly started wiping her eyes, pulling down the toilet paper, to wipe her eyes.

"Yeah...just stubbed my toe on the tile.." Leila said miserably

To her horror, Cut Throat's body immediately popped down, he was on floor, staring at her through the space left at the bottom of the cubicle door

His eyebrows were furrowed "Is that why you are crying ?"

Leila stared at him with wide eyes, before quickly getting up and flushing, opening the door.

"yeah" Leila said,

Cut Throat sighed, "Okay..." he whispered. He stared at her intently, while she pressed down the soap container, and washed her hands.

He stood very closely behind her, almost able to the feel the softness of her body pressing onto his. She was wearing a summer short dress, he wanted nothing more then to lift her dress up, make her bend over, and spread her legs apart.

He sighed to himself, as he put his hands both on either side of her, this time his body, definetly pressing against hers, she had to feel how hard he was

"Ill be waiting outside.....we will have to start soon" he whispered into her ear, making her shiver.

His impassive face, broke into an uncharacteristic smile.

**

*PRESENT TIME*

Cut Throat left the Dr hanging in the interrogation room. KO wanted to have a go with him. He had very little if any empathy left for unethical doctors. While the lines of ethics might be blurry for soldiers, he firmly believed they were very straight forward for certain professions such as medical professionals.

Sergeant Domingo was already working with the surveillance team, to start going through the footage.

Now that they had a time stamp and a location, it was honestly just a matter of time before they would be found, and no doubt Princess knew that.

It was a simple mantra that they followed and all understood at the C40

You could run...but not forever.

***

"POoow Pooow Pooow" Zavier made shooting gestures with his toy gun

Leila was busy trying to feed him, but he was not in the mood for breakfast.

"No...goooooo mama..." he kept saying while giggling and running away from his mother

She had made fresh porridge which she was mixing with warm milk in her bowl. Leila's hair was tied in a messy bun,she had stains of porridge spilled over all her clothes, her eyes had dark patches under them hinting at her lack of sleep.