Chapter 1

"Mommy, what are you doing?" Sophia looked at me with a frown on her face.

"Looking at houses for me and you."

"We have a house." She looked at me, so confused making me smile at her.

"Baby, this is nana and pops house. Mommy is getting too old to live with her parents."

"But who make food?"

"I will. Don't worry we will see nana and poppa all time." My mom came in and Sophia went right to her wrapping her arms around her legs.

"Nana, mommy looking at houses." My mom frowned at me, picking up Sophia bringing her back over to the table.

"You don't have to move out."

"I know and I love living here. It's time for me to branch out and get my own place. I can't be living at my mommy and daddies for the rest of my life. We would still visit all the time. I want to live close by though."

"If this is really what you want then we will help you. You two are more than welcome to stay as long as you need to."

"Thank you mom, but it's time for us to be on our own. It will be good for all of us."

"You're going to have to tell your dad." I nodded looking at Sophia who was curled up with my mom.

"What do you think peanut, bath time?"

"No." She pouted.

"Yea, it's just about bed time."

"I don't like bath time."

"I can give her one."

"No, I need to talk to her. Come on Sophia." I reached for her, pulling her into my arms taking her to the bathroom. I started the water and got her undressed before putting her in the tub.

"I don't want to move. I like it here."

"So do I but it's time for us to get our own house. We're not moving for a while okay." She nodded and I finished washing her hair.

"Mommy."

"What baby?"

"When we move, will daddy come back?" I hated questions about him, I absolutely dreaded them. Rickey, has seen her a hand full of times and the last time being last year.

"You know daddy is busy."

"We call him?"

"I'll try okay."

"I miss him."

"I know baby."

I kissed her cheek before finishing up. I got her out and quickly wrapped the towel around her before she screamed.

"Go get your jammies." She went to her room while I quickly cleaned up before going into her room. She had changed into her jammies and I went over brushing her hair.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" I smiled.

"Of course. Now go brush your teeth and go tell them goodnight."

She pulled away and went to brush her teeth while I went downstairs. My mom was in the living room watching a show.

"Where's daddy?"

"With Uncle Tommy."

"I'm going to curl up with her then I want to talk."

"Okay."

"Nana."

"Come here." She went over and jumped on my mom giving her a hug.

"Good night sweetheart. I love you."