Chapter 5

"I don't want to go." I groaned.

"Oh come on, Rickey will be there."  My cousin Summer smiled.

"So, it's not like he will even notice me."

"I don't even know what you see in him."

"Me either."

"Come on, let's get going." I groaned, following her out to her car. Summer drove us over to the party and dragged me into the house.

"Drinks."

"You're driving."

"Just one, plus you need it."

"Whatever." I took a shot and went to the dance floor to dance with her.

"There's my girl." Summer's boyfriend came over and wrapped his arms around her. I danced around with them for a little bit then went to get another drink.

"Hey beautiful, what's your name?' I turned around finding Rickey checking me out.

"McKenna."

"Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl."

"What do you want Rickey?"

"How would you like to dance with me?"

"Hmm sounds tempting."

"Come on you know you want to." I sighed taking his hand bringing him over to the dance floor. Summer smirked at me as her eyes locked on me and I just smiled at her. Rickey and I danced for a little while before getting another drink.

"Let's head somewhere a little more private." I nodded and he took my hand taking me upstairs. He pushed me into the room and shut the door before coming back to me. His arms wrapped around me and he pressed his lips to mine while pushing me on to the bed.

*

"Where are you going?"

"Back downstairs, don't worry I will be back." I nodded as he pulled his shirt back on and left, leaving me alone. Tears quickly filled my eyes as I pulled my clothes back on. I cleaned myself up running downstairs to find Summer. Of course she was right where I left her dancing with her boyfriend.

"I want to go home."

"What's wrong?"

"Please, I just want to go home."

"Okay let's go." She said bye to her boyfriend and we finally left.

"Talk to me, what happened back there?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, I want to be alone."

"McKenna, please talk to me."

"Not now."

I got out of the car and went inside right up to my room. As soon as I curled up I couldn't help but sob. I was so stupid. I should have never let that happen. Why did I have to like him, he was the biggest asshole I ever met.

"McKenna." I heard my mom making me sob even more.

"Oh honey, what is wrong?" I curled against her wanting her comfort.