5 - Hypertension

I woke up. I went downstairs, and I saw a note.

Be right back in 2 hours ~ Tree

Two hours? Strange. But oh well... I felt my arm burning in pain. I looked at it and it was the same scar as from last night's dream. I found it disturbing. But I had a project I had to do. I was paired with Pin. I thought about it for a while... But then I called her.

LEAFY: Hey Pin!
PIN: Hi! What's going on?
LEAFY: I called you for the project...?
PIN: Oh yeah. Come over at 3.
LEAFY: Alright.

Part of me felt wrong for disturbing her. I thought of something, so I went to the bathroom. I looked at myself, and just stared at my reflection. I hated what I saw. I looked at my pills, I really shouldn't, because it's the reason I keep fainting.

CRASH
...What the hell was that?! I took a nearby baseball bat and went outside. I didn't-

14:58
PIN'S POV
Leafy still isn't here? Maybe she has other things... No. She IS the reason I'm even doing this stupid project. What's the time, 15:03?... She must have a reason, right? No way she'll ditch me...

Pin:
leafy where r u?? u wanted to do this project so show up already
Pin:
helloo????

PIN CALLS LEAFY
What? Why isn't she picking up? Wait, what if she just called me by accident?- Impossible. She even SAID my name. I'll ask Coiny or Firey then.

PIN CALLS COINY
COINY: What's up Pin?
PIN: Has Leafy called you?
COINY: ...No. Don't think so.
PIN: Are you sure?
COINY: Yeah. I'm doing my project with Eraser.
PIN: Oh, okay.

PIN CALLS FIREY
PIN: Where is your gir‐ Leafy? Have you seen her?
FIREY: Nope. I've been outside all day with my younger brother Firey Jr.!
PIN: Okay.
FIREY: Why?
PIN: Leafy isn't answering my calls, messages either! She said that SHE wanted to do the project, but she suddenly ditched me!
FIREY: Oh? Well she might've sent you a message but it didn't come through? I'm not really sure.
PIN: Alright...

No signs of Leafy. Maybe I should go over to hers.

PIN ARRIVES AT LEAFY'S
PIN KNOCKS
PIN: Hello? Is anyone there?
...

Is Leafy okay?! Wait, didn't she mention a key under the... Got it. Now let me just- There we go. Leafy? Hello? No response. It smells funny in here. The smell is coming from... Here? (bathroom).

PIN: Leafy— LEAFY ARE YOU OKAY?!

PIN CALLS 911 (america yum yum)

The ambulance arrives, and takes Leafy's unconscious body. Meanwhile Tree and Grassy arrive and notice me.

TREE: Pin, what is going on?! Why is there an ambulance?!
PIN: Leafy said that she wanted to do some project, I agreed but she didn't answer my calls or anything, so I came here. I found her—

I noticed Grassy staring at me puzzled. I thought of something quick.
PIN: ...Sleeping on the ground...?

Tree was confused but quickly got what I meant.
TREE: Ah, alright. Thanks for looking after her...
PIN: No problem. I'll get going then. See you Tree!

Tree showed a kind smile, and I left. I wonder how Leafy is.

LEAFY'S POV
Wha... I wake up... In a room with white walls. I notice a doctor looking at me and I was very puzzled. I opened my eyes fully, and realized that this was a hospital...

DOCTOR: You're up! How are you feeling dear?
LEAFY: ...What happened?
DOCTOR: No idea. I called your brother in case of something.

TREE RUNS IN
TREE: Leafy! What the hell has been happening to you lately? Are you oka—

He paused. He was staring at my arms.
TREE: Leafy. What is this.
LEAFY: I'm... I'm not sure.
TREE: Just tell me why you've been acting like this?
LEAFY: I don't know! Honestly!
TREE: Alright. I'm "leafing". (HAHHAHA SO FUNNY RIGHT???) I'll be waiting.

Can I be even stupider? Lying to my very own brother? I lied to someone that is the reason I even am smiling. No wonder I was hit. Even someone could sense my stupidness from a million miles away. A bit later, and I'm home. I notice Grassy just... Being there. I went to my room and went to sleep, or really, before Tree came in.