Chapter 20

Pov. Storyteller

Wolf felt a little dizzy and his head hurt a little, he put his hand on his head as he sat on the big sofa, Rory had his ears down because he knew he had done something wrong and Wolf was very serious about it, the pull this time it was more painful than the previous times, the raccoon felt his ear throbbing, the wolf was angry.

- Sorry, I just wanted to help. - Said the raccoon, trying to calm the wolf's anger.

- Are you crazy? You put us both at risk, if a traffic stop stopped the car and an officer caught you driving, I we would have been arrested - Said Wolf, Rory had his ears lowered while Wolf continued talking.

- I lied, I said I was your father and now you're still pulling this on me? What do you have in your head? A lot of wind!? - said wolf.

- It was bad, Wolf, I shouldn't have done that, it was really bad. - Said the raccoon, trying to defend himself.

- I don't want to hear your excuses, you made a mistake. - Said the wolf.

- Imagine if I were arrested? They were going to find out that I was pretending to be your father and that you are 15 years old, imagine me being arrested? I already spent half my life in prison and now I'm free and you were going to ruin everything. - Said wolf.

Rory continued sitting on the couch and listening, every time the wolf spoke he felt his heart beat faster and faster and he was afraid to look directly at the wolf's face, the wolf thought the raccoon was ignoring him.

- Look at me while I'm talking to you. - Said the wolf to the raccoon.

- Sorry. - Said the Raccoon.

- What where were you thinking when you drove that car with me drunk? - Asked the wolf.

- You were drunk, someone needed to drive. - Said the raccoon.

Wolf was silent for a minute, he was angry and even thought about taking a belt or slipper and hitting Rory but he felt he didn't have that right, he saw Rory and the raccoon was sitting on the couch with his ears down and curled up.

I have the impression that sometimes you do things without thinking about the consequences. - Wolf said sighing, a voice inside the raccoon's head agreed with what Wolf had just said, Rory recognized that what Wolf had just said was true.

Wolf felt his head hurt a little which made him even more irritated, he thought about going to the bathroom and taking a shower and then going to sleep.

- I act without thinking sometimes, I'm sorry. - Said Rory, remembering the times he had acted without thinking and almost put himself in danger.

- I think there's nothing inside that little head of yours. - Said the wolf.

- Now I think I understand why some people don't like helping raccoons. - Said w
Wolf and Rory let a tear fall from his right eye, that sentence hit the raccoon who felt his heart being crushed.

- I'm going to take a shower and then go to sleep. - Said Wolf, getting up from the sofa and heading towards the bathroom.

Rory saw Wolf get up and, still a little dizzy, he was having difficulty walking without falling to one side or another, Wolf was walking towards the bathroom, leaning on the walls to avoid falling, at that moment Rory just felt like crying and getting out of there, He just wanted to help and started telling himself that he couldn't do anything right, the Raccoon couldn't just get out of there, he had nowhere to go back, the few days he had spent in the wolf's house had made him lose the habit of opening garbage cans in search of food, lying on the hard and cold concrete of the benches in the squares and the sidewalks under the bridges, he had no choice he felt that he depended on the wolf now and would have to stay there.

Wolf had gone to the bathroom, he felt the cold water against his body and fur, he hoped that the cold water bath could dissipate all the effect of the wine.
Rory sat on the couch, he had lost interest in watching anything, all he felt now was sadness, the TV was on a random channel, he pretended to watch the TV but his mind was elsewhere.

- Don't make the TV too loud, I'll see if I can get some sleep. - Said the wolf, heading towards the stairs.

Rory watched him go towards the stairs and he was a little dizzy and Rory was afraid he would fall down the stairs.

The raccoon approached and guided the wolf to his room.

- Thank you very much. - Said Wolf, entering the room and immediately lying down on the bed even though he was wearing heavy jeans, Wolf lay down with both feet outside the edge of the bed, the raccoon approached and lifted both of the wolf's legs, placing them on the edge. From the bed, the room was a little warm and Rory turned on the air conditioning and then left the room and went back to the living room.

Wolf woke up a few minutes later shivering from the cold, feeling his throat dry and coughing, Wolf looked at the air conditioning and the temperature was -30 degrees, Wolf got up from the bed and left the room taking a breath of the air in the hallway as if the air in the room was suffocating him.

Wolf went downstairs and it was about seven o'clock, it was already dark outside, when Rory saw Wolf's eyes were a little red, he thought he was angry, Rory lowered his ears when Wolf walked past him and went to the kitchen.

- You will only eat this and no dessert today! - Said Wolf, putting some rice, beans and a steak on the raccoon's plate. Rory would like to eat more but agreed with Wolf.

- You will eat at the table and you will go to bed early today, no TV until late at night. - Said the wolf to the raccoon.