Capítulo 16

Pov. Storyteller

- Drop that weapon! - Said one of the subway security guards who was a dog to Johnatan who had the crowbar in his hand, Johnatan looked back and saw a huge police dog staring at him while holding the gun with his right hand.

The police officer was very serious, the door that separated the carriage where he and Rory were and the rest of the train was open and a crowd of onlookers were looking in the direction where he and the security guard were, Johnatan had no way of reacting, he realized that he he had gotten the worst of it that time and had no other alternative than to drop the weapon, Johnatan dropped the weapon and the security guard caught it, holding it with his right hand.

- Very good! - Said the police officer, making Johnatan have the false feeling that it was over and he would be released from there.

Rory was still near the subway window and standing, the raccoon still had a nervous look on his face, his mouth was dry and he felt his heart beating without stopping, Johnatan was still standing in front of him and still staring at him deep down. His eyes were red with anger and he still had a tense appearance and posture.

- Now follow me! - Said the security guard to Johnatan and he looked at him with a surprised look, the security guard made a movement as if he was going to take his arm and remove him from there, Johnatan pulled his arm and the security guard looked at him, becoming very serious as if saying in his eyes that it wouldn't be a good idea for Johnatan to react.

Johnatan thought it best to continue walking without reacting while Rory was still standing in the same place where he was still in shock and recovering from his fear.

- You'll pay! - Said Johnatan as he was taken away and Rory just watched everything, Rory had escaped unharmed but was still very scared and had his ears down, he even thought about returning the money he had gotten by cheating but he knew that there was no agreement with Johnatan, he would want to come back another time to get revenge, the raccoon always smiled at the end when he managed to escape but this time it was different.

Alejandro was hiding under the preferred seat as he watched Johnatan go through with the security guard and be taken away from there, Alejandro came out from under the chair and watched him being taken away, Johnatan looked at him with such a serious look that Alejandro's ears were lower than they already were, Alejandro didn't have the courage to leave or look straight into Johnatan's face.

- Imagine what he would do to us with that crowbar - Said the dog to himself.

While he was being taken, Johnatan managed to free himself and run towards Alejandro while some people who were there shouted at a man holding Johnatan by his shirt but it was useless and he grabbed Alejandro by his shirt and lifted him up while looking him deep in the eyes, Johnatan was a Wolf and dog mix with greenish brown eyes.

- You'll pay too. - Johnatan said to Alejandro and then released him to the ground, Johnatan then went back to escorting the security guard away from there, Rory and Alejandro didn't exchange a single word until the subway stopped at a station close to their house.

The subway stopped at the station and Rory and his brother got out of the subway, Rory noticed that some people were looking at him and his brother, and even saw the huge damage left by Johnatan on the glass window of the subway and saw an employee inside of the vehicle sweeping up the broken glass.

- What a mess he made. - Said the raccoon, showing a nervous smile on his face.

- I hope I never see him again, he will come back with vengeance. - Said the raccoon's brother as the two were leaving the station with people inside the subway watching them through the window.

Alejandro had a smile on his face and tried to hold back the smile but he couldn't.

- Why are you laughing? - Asked the raccoon, almost unable to hold back his smile as well.

- I have no idea. - Said Alejandro.

- After that we were very lucky, I'm not going to play with luck again. - Said Rory as the two returned home, the sky was orange and a cold breeze ruffled their fur, they were relieved to be returning safely home.

- Are the banknotes still in your pocket? - Rory asked as he put his hand in his pocket and his bills were still there.

- They are safe. - Said Alejandro.

- Did you see when I handed that bag full of cacanique coins to that slow dog? - Said the raccoon.

- He was all sluggish with the bag in his hand. - Said Alejandro, mocking the dog and Rory smiled.

- Rory! Rory! - Said Wolf, shaking the raccoon that was lost in thought.

Rory came to his senses and realized that everything that had just happened was a waking dream.

- What happened? - Asked the raccoon, a little disoriented to the Wolf.

- We arrived home. - Said the wolf and Rory saw that they were inside the house and the wolf had already taken off his seat belts and removed the vehicle keys, Rory tried to get up but noticed that he was still wearing his seat belts, the Raccoon removed them and then he opened the car and got out of the vehicle.

- You forgot your shopping bags in the car. - Said the wolf to the raccoon.

- Oops! - Rory said, going back into the vehicle and picking them up.

Rory took the bag with the purchases inside the vehicle while Wolf left his wallet on the shelf and went to the kitchen to get some water to drink, he returned to the living room and saw Rory looking at the clothes he had bought, including that orange and black jacket.

Rory was impressed looking at the clothes he had bought, Wolf became serious as he saw him holding the new clothes and Rory lowered his ears and showed a disconcerting smile, Wolf was still in a bit of a bad mood, his eyes were a little red because he didn't had gotten next to no sleep the night before, Rory could feel the bad mood in the air.

The house was already clean and in order when the two returned, Wolf yawned and looked towards the stairs, he felt sleepy and wanted to rest a little, he still didn't fully trust Rory, but decided to give him a vote of confidence, Wolf said the keys in your pocket.

- I'm going to get some sleep, and don't even think about making any noise! - Said the wolf to the raccoon as he went up the stairs.

- Okay Daddy! - Rory said and Wolf frowned.

Wolf went up the stairs and took off his shoes and put on light shorts to sleep, he just stretched and threw himself on the bed, falling asleep shortly after and waking up almost at the end of the afternoon.

Wolf woke up late that afternoon with his white-walled room turning an orange tone from the last rays of the afternoon sun, the wolf yawned and then put on his sandals, it was possible for Wolf to hear a noise coming from downstairs, it was television and Rory was watching TV.

Wolf went downstairs and saw the Raccoon lying sloppily on the couch while watching rap battles, Wolf went to the bathroom and took his face and then sat next to the raccoon waiting for all that drowsiness to pass so he could go prepare to have lunch.

Some battles used words with double meanings which made Wolf contort his face, Rory looked at his face and just smiled.