Chapter 7

Pov. Storyteller

It was getting dark and Wolf went to the kitchen to prepare the food while Rory stayed in the living room watching TV, Wolf opened the fridge and took out some vegetables like potatoes and carrots to make that day's soup, Rory comforted himself on the sofa while he changed clothes. One channel to another as if it was the first time he was in front of a screen, he had spent the last two years without watching TV, it was a pleasant experience for him who had forgotten how colorful the TV was, sitting on the sofa it also seemed pleasant to him, but not only that, the smells were also pleasant, the house itself seemed to be quite fragrant, but not only that, the furniture was also even in control, it smelled like new.

Rory, who had the controler in his hand, took it to his nose, he kept sniffing that object, enjoying its aroma while memories of the past came to mind, the raccoon will remember when his father bought a new television, it was a television from Motorola, it was a small television but with a flat screen, the smell was very similar, it smelled like a new product, they were poor that was one of the only times that his father had bought something that wasn't second hand, Rory felt like himself again invaded by the feeling of longing, his father had put on a film for them to watch and he wished so much that he could go back in time and spend at least a few moments with his father and brother but the past had become distant and would not return.

Rory let a tear fall when those memories came to mind again, Rory put the control on the arm of the sofa, he felt his nostrils being invaded again but now by another smell, the smell of soup being prepared, Rory was not the owner of the house, but he would prefer something other than soup, nothing involving vegetables he wanted to eat, his mother insisted and forced him to eat vegetables and fruits and also soup, Rory made a face of rejection but after all he couldn't refuse, he was in Wolf's house and Wolf wasn't his dog father who did his tastes.

- Dinner is ready - Said the wolf.

"I'm not hungry." Rory said.

- You need to eat something to recover - Said the wolf.

- But I have no appetite - said the raccoon.

- I think you better eat it before it gets cold, reheated soup doesn't taste very good. - Said the wolf.

Rory just nodded and went to the kitchen, Wolf had prepared meat for him and made soup for Rory, Wolf put soup on Rory's plate while Rory kept an eye on Wolf's plate, he wanted to eat what was on Wolf's plate.

Rory's soup was full of vegetables and Rory hated it.

- You can eat without shame. - Said the wolf to Rory and started to cut some pieces of meat with the knife and put it in his mouth.

Rory looked at his soup and then two juicy pieces of meat that were on the wolf plate, he timidly took the spoon and dipped it into the plate, then blew on the liquid that was inside it and brought it to his mouth.

The raccoon wanted to avoid eating vegetables and seeing the wolf with those juicy steaks on his plate was torture.

The raccoon had to be content with what was on his plate; he ate the noodles and broth and avoided the vegetables.

- You need to eat your vegetables. - Said the wolf.

"No, I don't like it." Rory said.

- But you need to eat, you are weak and need the nutrients from vegetables. - Said Wolf.

Rory looked at the plate full of carrot slices and potato chunks.

- You need to eat. - Said the wolf.

Rory placed a piece of potato and looked at Wolf, he couldn't say no, he took the piece of potato to his mouth and swallowed it without chewing it, Rory swallowed hard and drank some juice trying to hide his feeling of vomiting.

Rory did the same with other pieces of potato and carrot slices, Rory swallowed them feeling a little repulsed.

- You need to chew. - said the wolf

"No thanks," Rory said, swallowing some juice.

- Enough, I don't want any more. - Said the raccoon to the wolf with a plate with some pieces of carrot and potato.

- I think you're full. - Said the wolf.

Rory put his arm over his mouth, wiping off the broth.

Rory went back to the couch and picked up the remote again.

- I think you should brush your teeth. - said the wolf.

- Ah okay. - Said the raccoon.

Wolf gave him a brush and put some toothpaste, Wolf went to close the house while Rory brushed his teeth.

- I think it's good for you to go to sleep - said the wolf to the raccoon, Rory wanted to spend more time watching TV but he did what the wolf wanted, he turned off the television and lay down on the couch.

Good night. - Said the wolf, walking towards the stairs.

- Good night - Said the raccoon.

Rory wrapped himself in the sheet looking for a comfortable position before sleeping, it was still a little cold but not as cold as the day before.

It didn't take long for Rory to fall asleep, Wolf felt a little exhausted that day, even leaving his bedroom door closed he managed to sleep feeling quite relaxed.

The next day the two had coffee together, Wolf wanted to know a little about the Raccoon's past and why he was on the streets and the Raccoon seemed to have had a family in the past but he thought it wasn't the time to talk about it, Wolf felt that he didn't have enough intimacy with the raccoon.

That day was less cold and little by little the snow began to melt, Rory thought it was time for him to leave, he thought the wolf had already been too hospitable to him.

- I need to go now! - Rory said.

- Now? You are not fully recovered. - Said the wolf.

- Yes, but I need to go, thank you very much Wolf. - Said Rory, leaving through the door.

- You're welcome, Raccoon. - Said the wolf, standing at the door and watching Rory walk away from there.