Chapter 72: USNA

A/N

The start of Volume 3, A Peek into Time, has begun!!

-----------

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying with TripleXL Airlines. We have successfully landed at the Boston - Wartorn Airport! We will be deboarding from the left, so please make your way to the exits slowly and carefully. Please remember not to rush, as we will not be leaving before ensuring that everybody has safely stepped onto the airport! Have a good time here in the USNA!"

Hearing this announcement, Alaukik, who had his eyes closed and his head leaned back onto the seat, slowly opened them and turned to his left, looking at Divya who was sitting on the other seat gawking outside the window.

'This reminds me of Earth - and about when I didn't have to worry about my identity or my life every second of the day.'

'You still don't have to,' said the voice in his head.

Sighing, Alaukik simply shook his head, knowing that speaking any further will just end up with him getting more irritated than he already is. Instead, he patted Divya's shoulder and got up from his seat.

"It's time to leave," he said, waving his hand towards the exits when he noticed that Divya had turned his head towards him.

Nodding, Divya slowly got up and started walking behind him. While her interactions with him were no longer him speaking and her being in her 'dead mode', it still wasn't something to brag home about. However,

'Progress is progress,' thought Alaukik, glad that she at least replied to his words now. And he didn't just feel that because he needed her for her powers, no, it was more like he felt a sense of camaraderie with her ... Well, camaraderie might be too strong of a word - I guess you could call it pity. Alaukik had seen the life she lived, and knew the struggles she faced. While they might not amount to much when compared to his, there was also the fact that his was a reincarnated soul while she was actually just a 13* year old girl. And so, over the time they had spent together, he had come to pity her, and sincerely hoped for her to grow past her trauma and live normally.

Anyways, since they booked the highest class tickets available, they didn't have to wait in a line or have to deal with a crowd as they exited the airport - in fact, there were even people waiting for their arrival. You see, when applying for the high school in USNA, Asha applied for them as Alaukik's aunt and Divya's guardian. Considering the fact that she was part of the RC, the news that her nephew and guard were going to be studying in the USNA spread through the upper international circle quite quickly. Most considered it as Asha trying to send them away from the pressure the Federation was facing, and the thought that Alaukik might be the magician they were searching for never even crossed their minds. And so, even though USNA was one of the countries pressuring the Federation, as a show of respect to one of the brilliant minds of this time, they still sent an escort to pick up the duo and drop them off at their new house.

And so, both Alaukik and Divya found their escort waiting for them outside the exit of the aeroplane. Seeing the two of them, the escort quickly made his way to them. Giving the both of them a little bow, he said,

"I'll handle the luggage Mr. Chandrasekhar, Ms. Biswas. Please just follow me to the car. I'm in charge of taking you to your residence in Springfield. It should take about five or six hours from here, so please let me know if you need anything along the way. If you want we can take a tour of Boston before we leave, or we could explore some places along the way to Springfield. Or - "

Cutting him off before he could continue, Alaukik simply replied to him

"I think we'll go straight to our residence uh ..." said Alaukik, staring at the escort.