Waking up -2

A few moments before Alaukik opened his eyes;

' Is the time coming? Am I finally going to escape this cage of darkness and loneliness? It's been so long... I think I've forgotten what color looks like. I can feel it .... So close. My soul has nearly adapted to this body. Finally, finally, I can see the light. I can talk. I can listen. Does this world have anime? Or novels? Or manga? I think I'll even settle for some dog-blood drama... ha, to think that such a day would come, a day when I would gladly read poison and be happy ' Alaukik thought as he slowly gained control of his body and woke up.

At the same time, in the room opposite, there stood a group of people, some is white lab coats, while others in expensive looking suits. If Devendra were here, he would easily recognize all of the people present. They were an important part of the government and had positions in the Ruling Council, the governmental institution that ruled the Federation of India and Persia. The Ruling Council was made after the creation of the Federation. It consisted of the strongest and brightest of the country. Each of them were chosen [ insert method ].

Here in this room stood the cream of the crop from the Ruling Council. First of all, the three head scientists of the institute, Arvind Mand, Anand Banerjee and Habib Shere. Then there was the Federation's one and only strategic class magician and part of the thirteen apostles, Bharat Chanra Khan. Beside him, standing wearing a white lab coat, was the brilliant mind that developed the strategic class magic that Chandra Khan wields, Agni-Downburst, Asha Chandrashekar. Behind them all, standing with his back as straight as a rod, and his hands behind his back, was the leader of the armed forces of the Federation, Jamshed Devan. Standing beside all of them, was the only member of the Ruling Council who was decided through elections, Uday Devan. And right now, all of them were gathered here to witness the awakening of the 001, somebody who had been one of the top priorities of the RC for years.

"Head Scientists, when will this subject wake up? You realize that just standing here is a massive waste of time? I have a lot of work to finish and don't have the time to wait here all day, " said Jamshed in a deep voice.

"Indeed dear heads. Do we know when he shall wake up? Or, are we even sure that it is today? " questioned Uday, albeit in a lighter tone. After speaking, he quickly glanced at Bharat and Asha, as if gauging their reactions, but quickly turned back to facing Alaukik.

Neither Bharat nor Asha paid their questions any mind, and focused all their attention on Alaukik, while the three head scientists immediately started sweating and looking at each other.

"It's not definite when sirs, but we are sure that he will wake up today. Based on his growing brain activity, today will be the day when he should wake up," said Habib, in a trembling voice, as if he were very afraid one of the members of the RC would blame him for wasting their time, although which one he was more scared of, couldn't be seen.

"He should be waking up anytime soon, he has stopped emitting psions, which must mean that he has gained control of his body now. All that's left is for him to wake up. However, the main focus should be on what we are going to do about him once he wakes up? After all, he has a humongous psion count, and wasn't it written in the report the Ruling Council received that he could influence space itself?" said Bharat, his eyes never leaving Alaukik.

"We immediately send him for training and use him on the battlefield as soon as possible," said Jamshed in a tone that accepted no refusal.

And yet,

"Absolutely not," said Asha, speaking for the first time. "No matter how strong he might be, he is still a child. And stop talking about him as if he were a weapon. He is a human being, and deserves the right to live freely," Asha said while looking at Jamshed with extremely unkind eyes. While to the various governments around the world, using magicians as weapons was the norm, to Asha, magicians were also human beings. To use them as weapons was what she detested the most, and what she was working hard to change.