Imprisonment

Somewhere on the Sri Lankan subcontinent...

" Hey, did you hear the new rumor going around? Apparently there's a new criminal on the loose. It's said that he single handedly massacred at least a thousand people," said a man leaning against a tree. Beside him sat another man who had his eyes closed and was also leaning against a tree.

"Heh, you don't know half of it. A relative of mine works in the government, and he got firsthand news about the incident. The fact is that an experiment of one of the major institutes somehow broke free and then massacred the entire institute, a nearby tribe and even the soldiers sent to subdue him. It's said that only General Hriday Devan was able to stand against him and after a bitter fight, he was able to subdue the guy. Just imagining it gives me the chills. An experiment was able to fight against one of our best A rank mages?" the man with closed eyes replied.

"Are you serious? Major Hriday had to personally fight him?! What kind of experiment did they do on that guy? At this point, I just hope that he isn't sent here for - "

*Whirrrrrr*

"Is that.. Is that a helicopter?! How did it get so close? Weren't you supposed to be using sensory magic to stay on guard?!" the first man questioned the second one.

" I thought I could take a little break! Literally no one ever comes here! Maintaining that magic is tough! Hell, even you take breaks in between!"

"Oh forget it. Immediately inform the Major immediately! Tell him there's an unidentified aircraft coming towards this area! And be on guard, it doesn't look like this is a civilian one."

"On it."

And while the two men quickly took out guns from underneath some bushes and got ready to face whoever was in the helicopter, yet

"Wait a second.. Isn't that, isn't that the symbol of the RC on the helicopter?!"

"Huh? Wait a second.. It actually is! Damn it, couldn't the person riding not have informed us that they are coming?! Gah, just relay this to the Major too. It looks like we don't have to be wary of them."

After a few minutes, the helicopter slowly landed in a clearing near where the two guards were resting. And as the helicopter touched the ground, down came a pair of chained feet, covered in dried blood. And out came an expressionless Alaukik, behind whom stood two more people. Coming off the helicopter was Hriday, who started moving forward immediately, while Alaukik tailed behind them slowly.

'Aah, the breath of fresh air, it really is nice. Though I doubt I'll be able to have this for much longer. But it's fine.. I'll have to bear with it for a while.'

Gazing forward, Alaukik could see three people standing in front of them. Two of them had guns in their hands, while the other one looked like an important figure and was standing between the other two and waiting for Hriday to reach them. When they did,

"Welcome to the PDM, General Hriday. Please, allow me to guide you to my cabin. You must be tired after such a long journey." Looking past the two and towards Alaukik, who was bound with a cuff on each of his limbs and one on his neck, saying "And that must be our new guest?"

"There's no need for a break. We're here on official business Colonel. Quickly take us to the cell." said Hriday, in a completely different demeanor than when he was with Uday.

"Very well sir, but there's just one problem.. Considering that this was a sudden arrangement, we have not properly prepared to welcome you.. So things might get a bit ugly inside. I hope you won't hold it against me.."

"It doesn't matter. Let's just quickly move," came Hriday's voice, as he gave a slight glance towards Alaukik, who gave him a small smile in return.

"Then if you would please follow me," the Colonel said, while gesturing behind himself.

"You two may return to your duties," he added, turning towards the two guards on the side. Saying this, he started to walk forward towards where the guards were, and kept walking even though a bunch of trees stood in front of him.

'Could it be what I think it is?' thought Alaukik as he saw the Colonel walking straight through the treeline and then disappearing inside. Reaching the treeline, he didn't hesitate to walk straight into a tree, as the other three had done the same thing. And when he did, it seemed like he had entered another world. On the other side of the treeline, stood a black two story building, covered in weird symbols, with guards patrolling every corner of it.

'Who would've expected that I would walk through tree 9 ¾,' he thought with a smile on his face.

"Keep moving forward," said Hriday, looking at Alaukik with an irritated look on his face. Hearing this, Alaukik started moving forward, albeit at a slower pace, seemingly enjoying the scenery this place had to offer. Stepping inside, the group was then led towards a lift in a corner of the building, inside which was only one button. After placing his ID on the button, the Colonel pressed it and bam! The lift suddenly started free falling. After about ten minutes, the lift came to a slow stop, and then opened up to an extremely long corridor. On each side of the corridor, there were multiple doors, which were all made of the same material as the walls and the floor.

"I formally welcome both of you to the Prison for Dangerous Magicians, or PDA for short," said the Colonel while giving a slight bow to Hriday. "Containing one underground floor about 30 km below the ground level, this prison is the safest and most secure location for imprisoning the worst of the worst magicians. Made entirely out of antinite, this prison is a hell for magicians. In fact, since its creation half a century ago, barely 5 war prisoners have been qualified to be imprisoned here, and each of them was a horror on the battlefield. And this," he said, looking towards Alaukik once again, "will be yours," he said, with a smile on his face.

Reincarnated into a world of modern magicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें