Chapter 17

Soft kisses peppering along my shoulder and fingers lazily dragging across my thigh stir me from my slumber

 Soft kisses peppering along my shoulder and fingers lazily dragging across my thigh stir me from my slumber. I hum, turning my head when Jamie's lips trail up over my neck to my jaw, until finally, our lips meet..

"Good morning," he mumbles into the kiss.

"Morning," I smile against his mouth.

He drops his mouth back to my jaw, burying his head into the crook of my neck. "Wouldn't it be nice to do this all the time?"

"Jamie," I sigh, knowing exactly where he's going with this.

"What? I'm just saying. Waking up together is nice."

"We do this a lot already."

"Exactly, so why can't we just move in together?"

"I told you, after we graduate."

Truth be told, with how he's been acting lately, I'm glad we haven't moved in together yet because I don't know what I'd do if that was the case right now.

Would he still have ghosted me the way he has if we were living together? Or would he come home and ignore me? Would I go to bed alone physically and emotionally, or only emotionally if he slept in the bed with me?

"Kitten," he groans in frustration.

"Lo and I just had so much fun living together and we want to do that next year too. We see each other all the time and sleep over at least a couple times a week."

"It's not the same."

"Jamie, can we not do this today? It's our last day here, let's just have fun."

"Fine," he snaps. His feet shove the covers off of us both as he hastily climbs out of bed, stark naked, and begins stomping away, rounding the foot of the bed, leaving me alone.

I let out a puff of air, rubbing my hands over my face in an attempt to block the bubbling tears of annoyance from already pissing him off this morning for the short remainder of the trip. My body carefully adjusts so my hands can reach for the sheet to pull it back up so it can cover me since I feel too exposed with his piss poor attitude while the harsh slide of the hangers and drawers from the closet are the only noise in our suite.

He doesn't take long to put clothes on and then he's walking back around the bed, grabbing his phone, wallet and key. He rounds the bed once more before storming out of our room, slamming the door behind him.

As soon as that door is shut, I break down in tears, letting them fall freely now that I'm alone for the foreseeable future. The choked sob that escapes me has me rolling over onto my stomach to muffle my scream of hurt into my pillow. My body all but curls in on itself as I cry and my mind can't help but wonder one thing.

Where did things start to go so wrong for us that this is where I've ended up?