25

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ jealousy, jealousy
OLIVIA RODRIGO^

LORELEI

I TRULY believed that I needed to keep Luke on a leash. With his strong personality, he could chat up just about anybody. Including a brick wall.

I lost my boyfriend a little less than ten minutes ago, when I slipped off to get a drink, he was gone by the time I returned; I took less than a minute.

My eyes searched the crowded party in hopes of finding the curly haired boy and when I finally did, my stomach turned, in a nauseating way.

Jane Cameron to my dismay was practically throwing herself onto him, twirling her long hair around her fingers, staring up at him with doe eyes.

He stood still like a statue, clearly not interested. But, it still made me feel low, she was beautiful. If anything, that's a girl he would go for. And knowing they had a past, didn't make the weight of my chest any less light.

I brushed my hair out of my face, forcing myself to look away from the sight as I wandered in the opposite direction, looking for an empty seat I could snag.

"Lorelei!" I turned in hopes of seeing Luke, an apparent frown on my face as I spotted Ryan Kean;a boy I took physics with last year. Key note;worst partner ever.

"Ryan?" I chuckled lightly, brows pulled together with confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Ryan Kean was your standard nerd, I'd say worse than myself. Being valedictorian for his graduating class, high honor roll throughout every year of his life, and his strict no drinking underage, this is the last place I expected to see him.

"Oh, I don't know." Ryan shrugged, his hands in his pockets. "I always hear these parties, thought might as well check it out."

"Ah." I hummed, bringing the solo cup to my lips. I nearly chocked on my drink as I felt a hand creep to hold my hip.

I cocked a brow, glancing down at Ryan's hand on my skin.

"I miss having class together, you know?" Ryan dragged his thumb along the bareness of my stomach.

As I opened my mouth to say something, hands wrapping around his wrists to shove him off of me. I was interrupted, rudely.

Ryan stumbled backwards from a hard shove at his right shoulder, nearly making him topple over. "What the fuck?"

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Luke seethed, glancing between me and the whining boy. "Don't lay your fucking hands on my girlfriend."

"I just..." Ryan stuttered, clearly frightened of the boy that towered over him. "I was being nice! I didn't know she had a boyfriend, dude."

Luke rolled his eyes, shoving at him again. "Really, dude?"

I can tell by the mocking tone of Luke's voice and the anger practically pouring off of him, he was feeling his alcohol. In similar terms, he was plastered.

"Okay, Luke." I tugged at his hand, trying to de-escalate the situation. Mark, Ethan, and Dylan stood by, watching with amusement.