15

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ i got the things i wanted
it's just not what i imagined
OLIVIA RODRIGO ^

LORELEI

I WAS under a never ending storm cloud that went by the name Luke Hughes. Mark had seemed to notice my switch in character as he called for the check. He dropped me off at my apartment, kissing the side of my lips as I couldn't focus on anything but how annoyed I was.

He knew what to say to get under my skin. I was embarrassed, embarrassed that I let him have this control over me. I felt like a puppet, letting him string me around and play with my emotions.

When I heard three hard knocks at my window, I sprung up from my bed. I had to be hearing things.

My tiny home was just outside of campus, it was affordable for two college students. Which meant it wasn't the safest and sure as hell wasn't the sturdiest. I had gotten the room facing the front of our house, both of my windows a burglars dream.

I switched the light to lamp on, hearing the knocks get progressively louder which meant I hadn't been imagining this. I grabbed the small bat that rested along my doorway;it was a safety precaution.

I hesitated before reaching for my blinds, holding the bat tightly in my grip. I hunched over with breath of relief, realizing it hadn't been someone that was trying to rob or kill me but worse;Luke Hughes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I whisper-shouted, using my fingers to open my window, stepping back as he climbed in without permission.

"We need to talk." He huffed as he shut it, walking over to shut my bedroom door like he wasn't giving me an option.

I brushed my hair from my face, eyes following him as he stood a few feet from me, placing the bat on the floor, I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Luke apologized, shaking his head. "For letting you walk away today. I wanted to kiss you, Lo."

Lo. He had never called me a nickname before. And for some reason, I never wanted him to stop.

"But you were drunk. I..I guess I was scared." Luke admitted.

I cocked a brow with a chuckle of amusement. "You? Scared? I mean, humble me some more why don't you?"

"I'm serious." Luke narrowed his eyes at me. "I didn't want you to wake up the next morning and regret it."

"Why? Why would you even care if I did?" I shrugged, shaking my head at him. "You don't even care about me like that. Stop pretending."

Luke ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I do fucking care about you! I left Jane stranded just to come see you, Lo! For fuck sakes, I ran to your house because of how much I care."

I felt my lips part, like my face was softening. I wanted to cry from how bad I felt.

"Luke." I muttered, pressing my hand to my lips. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"That's alright." Luke rubbed his eyes. "I just need you to know how much I fucking care about you. That's okay if you don't feel the same way. But, I want you to know, I never once felt any ounce of hatred towards you."

I stepped closer to him, peering up at him from the difference of our height. "I care about you, too. I agreed to go on the date with Mark because I knew it would get back to you."

Luke's hand shook as they reached for my waist, the position we were in was dangerous.

"He's an asshole, Lorelei." Luke squeezed my sides. "You're better than that. You're better than everyone in this damn world."

I smiled softly at him, feeling the heat rising to my cheeks. "You're something else, Luke."

"I want to do things right with you." Luke hummed with a nod. "I want to take things slow."

I bit my bottom lip with excitement for the future, to think that Luke and I could be a Luke and Lorelei, it seemed far fetched.

"You do?" I asked, on edge.

"Of course I do." Luke chuckled, raking his hand up my side to meet my cheek, holding my face in his larger hands. "You have no idea how much I think about you, Lo."

I scrunched my nose, watching him dip his head slightly. "Okay."

"Okay." Luke repeated, his eyes trailing down to my lips then back up to meet my gaze like he was waiting for me.

"Are you gonna kiss me, Luke? Or are you just gonna pussy out again." I teased, our lips now inches apart as a wide grin covered his features.

Luke didn't respond, instead pressing his lips against mine. It was sweet, passionate, and it felt like my lips were on fire, electricity jolting through me. I had never felt this way, ever.

When he pulled back, we were both panting, foreheads resting against each others as we giggled like kindergarteners.

He rubbed his thumb along my bottom lip, shaking his head. "You don't know how long I've waited to do that, Lo."

"Me too." I hummed, kissing his once more like he was my kryptonite. "So, so, so long."

FINALLY