01

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱  it hits different because it's you
TAYLOR SWIFT ^

LORELEI

THE UNIVERSITY of Michigans campus was beyond stellar. From thrilling nature, ancient colosseum-like buildings, and the experience of 3 seasons. It had been my favorite place in the entire world.

Our school had been known for its excelling academics from over 200 degrees programs and the D1 sport teams. Specially, hockey. Everyone here was in attendance, no matter the day or the time.

I, on the other hand, would rather cozy up in my dorm room with piles of snacks and watch a movie I'd already seen hundreds of times. Did I mention I hate hockey? More specially, our team. Sure, the NHL is great, big league stuff with people who are passionate enough to earn a spot. But with us, their egos are big as fuck.

Only around ten or so boys from our team have been drafted. And you can pick out each one just by looking at them. Their pride, head held high, not a care in the world other than thinking about making it to whatever arena they'd play in.

"This is so fucking stupid." I cursed, glancing over towards Ellie. I had met Ellie freshman year at a coffee shop, she had sob crying about a frat boy. First mistake, falling for any guy in a frat. Since then, we'd grown inseparable, moving in together for our sophomore year.

"C'mon, this is fun." Ellie nudged my shoulder in an attempt to convince me.

I wasn't a fan of parties. Mostly because I wasn't a big drinker which meant I had low tolerance, in simpler terms, I was a lightweight.

Sigma Chi had thrown parties like these once a week, the large frat was packed with people, familiar and unfamiliar faces crowded around me.

Ellie had always been the more sociable one. From her dark long hair, big wide brown eyes, and her ability to carry herself with the upmost confidence, guy's practically fell to her knees. She loved every second of it.

"Yeah, so much fun." I quipped with my lips in a flat line, leaning against the wall to avoid the body heat of the couple beside me.

In walked the leaders of our 3,207 acre campus. The hockey team. With their post-win-glow, they wore causal clothing and I wondered how quick it had taken them to change from thick gear to sweatpants and t-shirt's. But then again, if you said beer and chicks, they'd be sprinting over.

I physically gawked harshly as I laid my eyes on him. Public enemy number one, Luke Hughes. The captain of the hockey team, standing at six-two, matted curly hair that had always been disheveled and he somehow pulled it off, green eyes that glared at me in passing, and the cockiest attitude one could attain.

The hatred was mutual, it has been for the past year.
It all stared at a party last year, first semester. He had attempted to charm me, quoting words that he probably picked up from his buddies, and I fully rejected him. I was incredibly loyal to my boyfriend;he was a senior in high school and dumped me a few days after.

Since then, he snarled at me, mocked me, and made it publicly known that I, Lorelei Sanders, was a bitch. I embraced it, knowing it only fueled him.

"Ellie!" Dylan stumbled over, already clutching a beer. Dylan Duke, assistant captain, Luke's best friend and roommate. I had always liked Dylan, he was sweet and funny. "Hey, Lorelei."