XVII

“You want Anna? Why?” Sam inquired.

“Out of the way.” Uriel commanded, stepping forward.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay. I know she’s wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it’s no reason to gank her.” Dean tried to reason.

“Don’t worry. I’ll kill her gentle.” Uriel said with a smug look on his face.

“You’re some heartless sons of bitches you know that?” Alex said angrily, getting in Uriel’s face, but Dean pulled her back and stood in front of her protectively.

“As a matter of fact, we are. And?” Castiel said, making Alex look at him in confusion. What she said was an expression, yet he took it literally.

“And? Anna’s an innocent girl.” Sam argued.

“She is far from innocent.” Castiel countered.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means she’s worse than this abomination you’ve been screwing. Now give us the girl.” Uriel demanded once again.

“Sorry. Get yourself another one. Try JDate.” Dean joked.

“Who’s gonna stop us? You three? Or this demon whore?” Uriel threw Ruby against a wall and Dean attacked him. 

“Cas, stop… please…” Castiel touched Sam’s forehead and he fell to the ground. Alex ran up to Castiel, swinging a fire poker as hard as she could but he caught it in his hand and used the leverage to throw her across the room. She skidded into the wall, getting the wind knocked out of her.

“I’ve been waiting for this.” Uriel said, standing over Dean when, suddenly, a bright light engulfed the angels as they disappeared.

“What the…” Dean helped Ruby to her feet, then rushed over to Alex, checking that she was okay and then helped her up. “Come on.” Ruby then kneeled by Sam, who was waking up. Alex followed Dean into the back room to find Anna with her hands and arms covered in her own blood. “Anna. Anna!” He went over to her and pressed a rag to her bleeding hand. Anna had used her blood to draw a symbol on the mirror. 

“Are they - are they gone?” Anna asked breathlessly.

“Did you kill them?” Alex asked. 

“No. I sent them away… far away.” she said.

“You want to tell me how?” Dean questioned and she gestured to the bloody symbol.

“That just popped in my head. I don’t know how I did it. I just did it.”

Later that night, the three hunters were talking amongst themselves while Anna and Ruby were sleeping.

“So, what do you think?” Dean asked.

“I think Anna’s getting more interesting by the second.” Alex replied.

“Yeah, I agree. And what did they mean by ‘she’s not innocent’?”

“It seems like they want her bad, and not just ‘cause of the angel radio thing. I mean, that blood spell - some serious crap, man.” Sam replied.

“Something’s going on with her. See what you can find out?”

“What are you gonna do?”

“Anna may have sent the angels to the outfield, but sooner or later, they’re gonna be back, we got to get ourselves safe now.” 

“Bobby’s panic room.” Alex suggested, making the boys nod in agreement. They decided to rest for a few hours, getting up before dawn to head back to South Dakota.