XV

The next few weeks consisted of the Winchester-Wilson trio fighting a shapeshifter that shifted into old movie monsters during Octoberfest in Pennsylvania. Then they moved on to Rock Ridge, Colorado where there was a ghost infecting the local dickheads with a disease that caused the victims to go crazy from fear and eventually die of a heart attack. Alex was very determined to get rid of the ghost because Dean had been infected by the disease and it was like the last few hours of his life all over again.

~*~*~

The day before Halloween, they caught a case of a man choking on razor blades in his own home. After they got a room at the Moonlight Motel, they dressed in their monkey suits before heading over to the Wallace house to question the widow.

“Now how many razor blades did they find?” Sam asked Mrs. Wallace as they stood in her kitchen, the crime scene. Dean was searching around the area for anything relating to the supernatural.

“Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?” Mrs. Wallace told Sam and Alex and then noticed Dean searching the oven. “The candy was never in the oven.”

“We just have to be thorough Mrs. Wallace.” He replied.

“Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?” Alex asked, looking at Mrs. Wallace.

“No, I mean, I don’t think so, I just - I can’t believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?”

“More than you can imagine.” Dean stood up from the floor next to the fridge and discreetly showed Sam and Alex a hex bag behind Mrs. Wallace’s back. Sam sighed and looked at Mrs. Wallace.

“Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?”

“Enemies?”

“Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?” Alex asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Co-workers? Neighbors? Maybe a woman.” Sam elaborated.

“Are you suggesting an affair?” she asked in disbelief.

“Is it possible?”

“No! No, Luke would nev-”

“I’m very sorry. We just have to consider all possibilities.” Alex said.

“If someone wanted to kill my husband, don’t you think they’d find a better way then a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?”

The hunters left with the hex bag in hand and headed to their motel. Later on, Sam was sitting on the couch with his laptop and a few books on the coffee table in front of him. Alex was laying on her stomach on one of the beds with a book in front of her, bored out of her mind. Dean then entered the room, tossing his keys on the table under the window and unwrapped a piece of candy before popping it in his mouth.

“Really? After thay guy choked down all those razor blades?” Sam asked with raised eyebrows.

“It’s Halloween, man.” Dean replied, like it was obvious.

“Yeah, for us everyday is Halloween.” Sam commented.

“You better have some candy for me, Winchester.” Alex said to Dean, sitting up and caught the piece of chocolate he tossed to her.