Chapter - 1

*4 Years Ago*

I woke up blinded by the sun beaming in my eyes for the 5th time this week. Just as I flopped my body back over so I was comfortable yet again, I was interrupted by the sound of wood against my wall.

"Margaret I gave you strict orders to be up before 8 and you are still lying in your bed."  My mom spoke to me in her usual harsh tone. "Like the Bible states - The Lord directs his love by day; starting at dawn- I now have to cleanse you of your sins Margaret." 

If you haven't noticed by now my mom is a religious freak. 

"Mom please, I don't want to go through this again! It's only 8:15 please." I tried backing up as far as I could, but ended up hitting my lower back off the backboard of my bed. I curled up into a ball, tucking my head in between my knees, acting as if they were a shield. 

"The Lord doesn't accept excuses. Stand up Margaret."

"Mom please stop. No." I began sobbing.. and shaking, shaking hard. 

I flinched when my mom tried whacking me with the spoon. There wasn't anywhere for me to go, I took the beating as it was given to me. 

Throughout the entire beating, I was sobbing hard and screaming loudly, but she never stopped.

No one ever stopped her. Including my father. 

I sometimes believed my mother enforced the rules and gave worse punishments then my father, and he was the preacher not her. 

"Mommy." He looked up at her with big blue eyes, tugging on her long plaid skirt. 

My little brother often would walk in when my mother was beating me. He was too young to know what was going on.. He was only 3 at the time. 

"Oh honey come here." She cooed at him. She would take him back into his room and lock the door, despite his cries. 

When she walked into my room, she'd hit me exactly seven more times, harder as they came to a finish.

"May the Lord clean you of your sins." 

And she just left me there.. crying.. in pain. 

I was usually left with bad bruises, and slightly cut legs. But the last time, the last and final time she hit me was the worst. 

I had a broken nose, wrist, and jaw. My two front teeth were missing, causing an extreme amount of blood loss. The part in my long wavy brown hair, left with a bump the size of a golf ball. Along with twenty stitches throughout my entire body.

"Sissy otay?" My brother crawled on the bed took my hands away from my face and looked at me with the saddest eyes. 

"Yes.. Sissy's fine okay? I'm fine." I took him in my arms, and held him there. His tiny arms unable to fully reach around my neck, hung gripping the back of my dress.

"We're going to get out of here.. I promise." 

And that, that would be the last time I saw my parents. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

Soo i deleted my old version of this story.. because it was rubbish. lol 

This one is way better. (:

Took me a LONG time so please vote and tell your friends. 

Give me your feedback.. 

Questions - 

1. Will Margaret leave her brother?

2. Who is her brother? 

3. How do you think Margaret is doing now?