Whispers of Escape

The attic at 12 Grimmauld Place, filled with old trunks, dusty books, and forgotten family relics, had always been a refuge for Rosalie and her brother. It was where they created their own little hideaway amidst the chaos of their upbringing. Now, Rosalie found herself there, rummaging through a pile of old dresses that once belonged to her grandmother.

As she sorted through the faded fabric, she heard the creak of footsteps on the stairs leading to the attic. She glanced up to see her brother, Alphard, stepping into the dimly lit space. The look on his face made her pause.

"Alphard, what is it?" she asked, her voice steady despite the unease that gripped her.

Alphard took a deep breath, as if bracing himself for what he was about to say. "Rose, there's something you need to know," he began, choosing his words carefully. "Barty Crouch Jr. has escaped from Azkaban."

Rosalie's eyes widened in shock, her hands clenching into fists at her sides. "Escaped? How is that possible?" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Alphard shook his head, his expression grim. "I'm not sure how it happened, but I overheard some of the Ministry members talking about it earlier when I was handling some family business. It seems he orchestrated a breakout with the help of other Death Eaters."

"But the Death Eaters aren't that powerful anymore," Rosalie replied, her mind racing. "They must have had help from someone in the Ministry."

Alphard nodded, his eyes narrowing. "Do you think it could be Crouch Sr.?" he asked.

Rosalie thought for a moment, then nodded slowly. "It's possible. Crouch Sr. was always ambitious, but I don't think he’d go that far. I might have to visit Aunt Cissy. I’m sure I can get Lucius to talk." She turned to Alphard with a stern look. "Don't tell anyone about this, especially Potter. Understood?"

Alphard raised his hands in mock surrender. "I won't tell a soul. Not even Dumbledore knows yet."

"There’s something else," he said, hesitating for a moment before pulling out a book from his bag. "I found this in the library. It’s full of spells I’ve never seen before. It’s written in Latin. I thought you might be interested."

Rosalie took the book, examining its cover. "Is this Grandfather’s book? It doesn’t look familiar." She flipped through a few pages and felt a chill at some of the content. "Don’t worry about it," she said, patting Alphard's shoulder. "It’s probably just a collection of old spells. I'll look into it. Keep yourself safe, all right? And don't get yourself killed."

Alphard grinned. "You too. Try not to get caught in the crossfire."

Rosalie nodded with a small smile, then headed down to the lower floors of the house. The urgency in her steps grew as she approached the front door of 12 Grimmauld Place. She glanced back briefly to ensure no one was watching, then stepped outside, Disapparating with a soft pop.

When she reappeared, the imposing gates of Malfoy Manor loomed before her. The ornate wrought-iron fence stood tall, bearing intricate designs of serpents and skulls. She'd visited the Malfoy estate before, often to keep an eye on Draco and his family, ensuring they weren’t delving too deeply into Dark Arts or aligning with Voldemort's followers. But tonight’s visit had a different purpose—it was a high-risk mission to gather information.

Rosalie cast a quick Disillusionment Charm over herself and approached the gates. With a flick of her wand, she deftly opened them without triggering any alarms. She had no intention of engaging in a battle; her goal was to slip in, get information, and leave without being noticed.

As she crossed the expansive grounds, she kept to the shadows, moving swiftly and quietly. The manor's grandeur was apparent even at night—white marble columns, grand archways, and ornate sculptures adorned the gardens. She entered through a side door she knew was less monitored, her footsteps echoing in the dark hallways.