first year

The feast had ended, and Rosalie met her brother in the great hall.

"I'm proud of you, don't get me wrong, it's just, you know..." said Rosalie.

"I know she is going to kill me, Merlin's beard, but how come I became a Gryffindor if all the Blacks were Slytherins?" said Alphard.

"Well, Father was a Gryffindor," suddenly the bell rang.

"We have to go to Transfiguration."

"Let's go," said Alphard.

They arrived a bit late but managed to find seats next to each other. They listened carefully when an owl dropped a letter, or precisely, a Howler on their table.

"ALPHARD JAMES BLACK! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOU ARE A SHAME TO THIS FAMILY, A LION IN THE HOUSE OF SNAKES! YOU ARE GOING TO BE PUNISHED FOR THIS! And you, Rosalie, finally, you have done a good thing in your life, AND DON'T YOU DARE GET A LOW GRADE, YOU DUMB LITTLE GIRL! UNDERSTAND, OR YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!"

With that, the letter vanished. The twins' faces went redder than tomatoes, and the stares were on them as whispers started to get louder.

"Silence," said Professor McGonagall. She looked at them with sad eyes. After all, five Blacks were her students; she kind of understood the laws of that family by now.

The professor continued the lesson, and the bell rang. By the time she wanted to call the Blacks, they had vanished into the crowd.

Then it was Potions. Rosalie had to sit with Slytherins to prevent problems with her head house because, after all, her brother was a blood traitor Gryffindor.

"Can I sit here?" said Alphard.

"Of course," said Harry.

Snape was explaining when he remarked that Harry, Ron, and Alphard were talking.

Snape: "Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry: "I don't know, sir."

Snape: "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?"

Snape: "Let's try again. Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Harry: "I don't know, sir."

Snape: "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

Harry: "I don't know, sir."

Snape: "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter? Good. Take five points for sheer cheek."

"Black, what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"Monkshood and wolfsbane are two names for the same magical plant, also known by its scientific name, Aconitum. Wolfsbane is a key ingredient in the potion called the Wolfsbane Potion, which is used to help werewolves manage their transformations during the full moon," said Alphard with a smirk.

Snape left with an angry expression.

"How did you know that?" said Ron.

"Genetics," said Alphard sarcastically, looking at his sister who was smiling at him.

The bell rang, and everyone got out of the class. The siblings met each other.

"Thanks for the help," said Alphard.

"What are siblings for? Ha, Snivellus is the dumbest person on Earth. I don't know how he did not know the 'trivadoras' spell," said Rosalie.

"He is a half-blood. I don't expect him to know old magic; only we have the privilege to learn it."

"We have to go. See you later," said Rosalie.

"See you later, sis." They hugged and went towards their dorms.

I know it's a short chapter and not well-written, but you know, I want to go to the third year where things are going to be wild. I had to add something about them to show a part of their personalities. Anyway, I have exams, so updates are going to be slow, but it's worth it. Just trust the process. And who knows what adventures await in the coming years at Hogwarts!
Urs
-H-