Pasts I Never Forgot

EMZ POV
"Ah, EMZ, you're finally here!" Janet said as I opened the door silently, quickly popping into the room. "We need to discuss something with you."

"Why are you here and helping Janet and Leon?" I asked Jessie. "And Sandy, how about you?"

"Well, I feel that Fang's treatment of Janet is a bit unfair," Jessie said carefully. "And I'm just trying to help Janet get justice, because she's my friend."

"Same for me," Sandy agreed.

"And I know you think Fang is going a little overboard with his persecution of Janet as well," Jessie added. "And you have more influence in the school. After Bibi, you're the most popular girl in the school. And Janet needs your help, so...I'm hoping we can trust you to help her."

Fang's methods wear a bit exaggerating. I still remembered every harsh thing he had done to Janet, because he asked me to bear witness to his biggest victories against her—and other times, I was hiding in the shadows, observing what he was doing.

I still remembered vague times. Ones that I probably wouldn't forget for a long time to come.

<*~*>
She was curled up on the floor, crying in fear as Fang and Bibi advanced towards her. He shouted slangs, curses, embarrassed her, called her worthless, said she should just never have been born. Until he finally came, the chameleon-hoodied boy who had the courage, that I lacked, to do the right thing and step in.

I wish I could talk to him. Find how he was so brave. But I knew there would be serious consequences.

So I ducked back into the shadows as he stalked over, hoping he hadn't noticed me spying.
<*~*>
"Janet is such as a horrible person, she even tried to bully me into giving her money!" Fang was shouting to the whole cafeteria, who glared at Janet angrily.

They were all stupid.

All influenced by his charisma.

Tricked by his pretty lies.

Unable to see the truth below.

So I watched as she slammed her tray on the table and stalked away, soon disappearing from sight. It was probably her friend Leon bringing her away.

I turned away. Not wanting to admit to myself I was still stuck on his side.

<*~*>
I watched as Edgar and Colette chased Janet and Leon through the hallways, firing so many shots at them, they could have been seriously injured, or nearly died. Luckily they were in the air, thanks to Janet.

Edgar kept on leaping towards them, and each time he comes closer, I draw in a breath in worry. I chase after them silently, hiding my face amongst the watching crowd. Hoping they won't recognise me.

Janet and Leon were stopped by Mr. P. The penguin lets them pass and blocks the way for Edgar and Colette, arguing with them. Colette makes some sort of threat, and he worriedly steps aside. He lacks the courage just like me, too afraid that they'll do something bad to his family. I can't blame him.

Thankfully, Janet and Leon have slipped away.

<*~*>
And as much as I didn't want to get on Fang's bad side, I wanted to help Janet obtain justice. Because Fang was kinda stretching and overstepping his authority by bullying Janet—and I didn't support that. I could only hide my dislike of it, for Fang held ultimate power over us and could fire my parents from their posts as government workers at any time. But maybe, I could take part in Janet's uprising secretly, and could reveal my true feelings once somebody put him in place.

So I agreed, "Ok, you can trust me. Count me in."