Fight Your Battles

Edgar POV
A while earlier...
Colette and I had to split into different directions when escaping from those Retropolians, and i was desperately trying to find her in the dark hallways. I surveyed the disaster from afar, shouting, "Fang? Where are you? Colette? Anyone?"

The war had begun not too long ago, and chaos was already everywhere. I was desperately trying to find my best friend and my girlfriend in the midst of the destruction, slowly moving towards the exit of the school and making sure the Retropolis warriors hadn't seen me. And then I spotted a familiar face lying on the ground, dead.

"EMZ?" I gasped.

"Yep," Colette said as she emerged from an alcove. "I saw her blog post and found her here. I can't believe...Bibi..."

I quickly read the post for myself and gasped. She was the traitor that Fang was talking about?

"We need to solve things quickly," I said darkly.

Fang POV
There was nothing much we could do against her. We fought bravely and valiantly, but she must have underwent military training. In seconds, we were bound, gagged and left tied up on the floor.

"I hope you still join my side, Fang," she warned lightly. "You'd better make the change soon. Because the war is about to start. And i don't want you to be caught in the crossfire."

She stalked away, but before she disappeared she added, "I'll be back for you. Trust me."

As she left, we writhed furiously, but only managed to slip off our gags. We had been tied together, and our mouths were so dangerously closed that I blushed furiously, looking away.

Suddenly Janet commanded, "Fang, I've got an idea here. But you need to trust me on this."

I nodded, too distracted by her hope. Na so myself hoped this wasn't gonna be a mistake.

Suddenly, Janet's rocket flew us upwards, until we had snagged into the roof of a shaky building. The impact caused it to crash, and in the midst of dust and raining rubble, somehow the rope broke and we tumbled downwards.

"No!" I yelled. "It can't end like this..."

And then Janet's hands caught me before u thudded against the ground. As the dust cleared, she was standing proudly on top of a mound of destruction, saying, "Told ya!"

"Guys?" shouted two familiar voices. We turned to find Edgar and Colette, their hair a mess, their arms and legs covered with blood, but still fine.

"EMZ is..." Edgar croaked.

"And Bibi..." Colette began, but her voice broke.

"We know," Janet said for me. "We need to find her, and make sure she doesn't cause more trouble."

The four of us ran toward the front exit; Bibi had seemed to be heading that way.

Let the battle begin.

Jessie POV
"She's back," Leon, our scout for the time being, warned.

"Ok, we need Janet's help." I told him and Andrea.

Andrea whipped out her phone. Mine had been left behind with Samantha's corpse, and Leon's had been broken by a piece of falling stone.

Suddenly, a ringing came from nearby.

"What?" Andrea gasped. "Is that Janet's phone?"

"Yep," Leon confirmed a while later, finding her phone left in a field of debris.

"Ok then, I'll call Fang," Andrea began. "Do you think Janet's okay?"

"I am," a voice said from behind.

I quickly whirled around, raising a rifle that i had picked up. But I lowered it when I realised it was Edgar, Janet, Fang and Colette.

"Did you see the news?" Leon asked worriedly.

They nodded solemnly, as if honouring EMZ's sacrifice.

"Bibi is right there," Andrea said, showing them where Bibi stood on top of a hill.

"It's time." Janet told Fang, "We're going to win them all, one by one. And we'll stop this crazy prime minister of their country. We'll make sure Brawltopia is safe. And we'll make sure that we'll honour everyone we've lost."

"Ok, I've got a plan," Colette piped up. "Trust me on this one."