Chapter 8 - The Arrival of New Allies

"Please note that all the images included in this story belong to their respective artists, and I do not claim ownership of them. I am simply using these images to visually represent my imagined interpretation of the scenes described in the story. Thank you for your understanding. Now, let's dive into the tale."

As I gazed at the five buildings in the distance, Luna pointed out each one. "That big one is the administration building," Luna began, gesturing toward a grand structure with towering pillars. "And left to it is where all our classes take place," she continued, indicating a building with large windows that let in the morning sunlight.

"Over there," Luna pointed toward a building that seemed to emit a faint hum of activity, "is where we undergo combat training. It's where we hone our skills and learn to defend ourselves." "And the one we just left," Luna smiled, "is the dormitory."

I nodded, taking in the sight of each building with growing fascination. "And what about that one right to the administrative Block?" I asked, my curiosity piqued as I pointed toward the fifth building, slightly apart from the others.

Luna's expression turned serious. "That," she said gravely, "is the restricted area. No one is allowed to enter without permission. It's said to hold secrets and dangers beyond our imagination."

A shiver ran down my spine as I gazed at the forbidding building. I made a mental note to stay away from it, at least for now.

I marvelled at the sprawling gardens that surrounded the academy buildings, filled with vibrant flowers and lush greenery. The air was filled with the sound of laughter and chatter as students moved about, their excitement palpable.

Luna led the way to the administration office, her footsteps echoing in the hallway. "Let's get your schedule and token for the store," she said with a warm smile

As we stepped inside, my eyes were immediately drawn to the receptionist, a stunning woman with an ethereal glow about her. The woman's eyes lit up as Luna approached. "How are you doing, Luna? Hope your studies are going well," she greeted warmly, her smile infectious.

"I'm good, Elara. Thank you so much," Luna replied, returning the smile.

Luna then turned to me and gestured. "Elara, this is Aurora. She's new here."

"Nice to meet you, Aurora," Elara said kindly.

As Luna explained our purpose, Elara nodded and swiftly handed over the paperwork. As Luna sorted out the paperwork, she leaned in close to me and whispered, "Elara is a fae". "Let's show you your classes Aurora" she chimed.

Luna led me through the corridors towards the buildings where classes were held. Each classroom we passed had a distinct blend of ancient charm and a feel of magic around them.

Luna glanced over my schedule, explaining, "As a beginner, you'll attend beginner classes. But if you perform well, they'll consider promoting you. The purpose of these beginner classes is to help us understand and discover our inner powers."

I nodded, absorbing the information. "Sounds exciting," I replied, feeling a surge of anticipation.

As Luna led me forward, she pointed out the locker area with a smile. The classroom building was nearly empty, perhaps due to the weekend. As we walked, a chill ran down my spine, and I had the distinct feeling of being watched. A sudden breeze brushed past me, causing me to freeze in place. I halted in my tracks, bewildered, as I glanced around. All I could see was a bird, its gaze fixed on me. At first, I was startled, but then I reassured myself that it was nothing just a little bird.

Luna noticed and asked, "What happened, Aurora? Why did you stop suddenly?" I hesitated for a moment before replying, "Oh, it's nothing, just a little birdie." Trying to shake off the sensation, I followed Luna further into the building.