Two

Lydia woke up the next morning with her back hurting and her eyes were all red and puffy. Last nights events came back to her thoughts and Lydia sighed," So much for family," she muttered. She sat up and brushed her hair out of her face, which rested on her bare shoulders. The light from the sun shone through the water, lighting the area around her. While still waking up, Lydia stretched her body out and let the sun warm up her skin.

After finally waking up, Lydia pushed off the rock and let herself float in the water.(this sounds weird) Little did she know she was being watched. In the distance sat Malia, watching her next victim. Malia knew Lydia would need her help. She was in a time of sadness and would do anything to get away from her family. It was perfect. And malia had so much against Lydia and her family. Little did poor little Lydia know, but Malia was her cousin. Meaning her father had lied to her, her whole life. But she wouldn't know this until later on.

While floating around, Lydia was having a montage of the last seventeen years of her. And it was quiet depressing to be honest: everyone feared her father, her sisters hated her, and she was just too weird to fit in. Lydia sat up and then silent tears rolled down her cheek and soon sobs escaped her lips. She was alone in the world. She would never be accepted, never be loved. Always be that odd one out.

Malia watched her cousin from a distance. "Time for action," she whispered. Malia saw out from behind the rocks and towards Lydia. "Poor, poor Lydia all alone in the world," she remarked. A sinister look creeping into her eyes.

Lydia looked up and quickly moved away from the sea witch,"M-malia," she breathed," what do you want?"

Malia grinned and saw next to Lydia and threw her arm around Lydia's shoulder," No sweetheart its not about what I want," she paused and gave Lydia a smile," Its about want you want."

Lydia looked shocked,"W-what?"

Malia grinned and looked Lydia in the eyes," Lydia what do you want the most?"

"To be accepted."

Things were going Malia's way," If thats what you want, thats what you will get."

"What how?"

Malia smirked," Just follow me."

Malia began to swim off into the darkness and quickly after, Lydia followed.

Lydia followed Malia into her little cave," Amazing."

"Thank you," Malia replied. The walls around the cave was covered with hundreds vials: all different sizes, shapes, and filled with different colors. A giant cauldron laid in the middle of the room and seaweed dripped from the ceiling adding a creepier affect to the room. Books of all different sizes laid around the floor and all over the place. "So you want to be accepted?" Malia asked. Lydia nodded," But how?"

Lydia took a deep breath," I dont want this life."

"This life?"

"I don't want to be my fathers daughter or a mermaid. I hate it."

Malia quickly grasped the concept," you want to be a human."

Lydia shyly nodded and looked down, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Malia looked shocked," Oh really?"

"YES," Lydia shouted," I want to run and dance. To feel the earth between my toes and the sun on my skin. To walk along the streets and to explore the different cities. I want to know what its like to be human."

"Sweetheart you came to the right place." Malia gracefully swam around the room grabbing vials and bottles and carelessly tossed them into the cauldron. Causing colored explosions to fill the air, the colored smoke drifted around the two mermaids. "Ill start the potion, but we will need to discuss payment and how long it will last. But minor details." Lydia nodded and closely watched Malia. Malia began to sing a song under her breath and waved her hands over the cauldron.

"Beluga sevruga Come winds of the Caspian Sea Larengix glaucitis Et max laryngitis La voce to me," Malia repeated this a few more times and then stopped.

"It will last a week and once that week is up you will turn back into a mermaid, unless you can get someone to fall in love with you."

"And thats it?"

"No theres more," Malia grinned," they have to kiss and if you fail, you have to stay with me, bring me to the castle make me accepted into the family." Lydia was shocked by this but slowly nodded. She looked up at Lydia and got a cheshire cat grin on her face," its almost ready, but we need a form of payment."

Lydia looked bewildered," but how can I-."

"Your voice," Malia cut her off. Lydia was shocked, her voice. Malia wanted her voice. "So no singing, laughing, or talking."

"My voice," Lydia asked. Malia nodded her head and Lydia frowned," How would i be able to talk to others"

"Oh sweetie," Malia laughed," You have the looks, a very pretty face and one other important thing body language." She chuckled after that.

Lydia thought," O-okay I'll do it."

"Good," Malia grinned. With a snap of her fingers, a contract appeared in front of both girls along with a pen. Lydia picked the pen up looked at the contract. Malia had already started to chant the song again and Lydia hastily signed the contract, the pen and contract suddenly disappeared.

"For the final part," malia sighed and looked at Lydia,"Once I start chanting again i want you to sing." Lydia nodded and Malia started chanting again. Lydia softly sang and slowly started getting louder and Lydia watched as her voice was slowly sucked into a seashell and soon it was all over. She tried to speak but nothing came out and she put a hand up to throat and tried to speak again. No sound. The last thing she was Malia's grin then she blacked out.

-
-
-
-
Sorry for the long wait.....i've had writers block

My cover was made by takeliamhome and i freaking love it