A moment of privacy/Dylan Lenivy

I'm running at full speed towards the main cottage to check on my kids in the art class, but turning the corner of one of the houses, I bump my nose into someone's chest.

I hold my nose in my hands and look at the person I bumped into. Grey T-shirt, jeans, slip-ons... Dylan.

"Where are you rushing to?" Lenivy stretches out his hand forward, lifting my head by the chin, looking at me worriedly. "Did you hit hard?".

Something inside freezes for a moment, and everything else seems less important. I want to stop time, stay in this moment longer so that the guy continues to show his care and look at me with a warm look full of love and tenderness while we are alone, because as soon as we separate and meet in front of the other counselors, stupid jokes will fly in my direction again, for which the guy will be apologizing a hundred times later.

Lenivy continue to stare at me in silence, probably waiting for an answer or a barrage of swearing in his direction, but instead, I take my hand away from my nose and pushed the guy away from me.

"Sorry, Dylan, I'm not up to you right now".

Bypassing him, I continue my run, ignoring the pain in my nose, but Lenivy catches up with me, grabbing my arm.

"Y/N, you're bleeding". The guy runs his finger over my upper lip, showing a scarlet stain.

"It's okay". I wipe the blood away with my hand. "If you want to talk, we can do it after lights out. Take a walk along the rocky road".

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you behind the pool house". Dylan leans over slightly, kissing my nose. To my surprised look, he just smiles, repeating the action. "What? It will heal faster now".

I chuckle in response, holding back a smile.

"See you tonight, Dylan".

Finally, I turn around and walk briskly to the cottage.

~ Pool house. 22:15 ~

When I get to the pool house, I notice Lenivy looking out from behind the porch and accelerate my pace. The guy checks if there is anyone on the street besides us, and after his affirmative nod, we head the path.

"So, you wanted to talk to me?" I ask, emphasizing the word "wanted".

"I just wanted to see you. So that we can finally be alone".

He stops, blocking the way further. His arms wrap around my waist and the guy, pulling me closer to him, covering my lips with his.

Melting into his arms, I return the kiss, burying my fingers in Lenivy's soft hair. He mumbles quietly, grinning with satisfaction.

It was so good, so peaceful... Until I remembered that tomorrow is the last day of the second shift, and we will go home in the evening. But we still haven't talked about our relationship after camp.

Tearing myself away from the guy's lips, I lowered my head in frustration, looking at the stripes on my sneakers.

"What happened?" Dylan asks, noticing my abruptly changed mood.

"Dylan..." I begin, "What will happen to us? I mean, after the camp?"

The guy freezes, just for a few seconds, and then smiles his warm smile again. Had he already thought about it?

"We live in neighboring cities, Y/N. Tomorrow, when we get our phones back, the first thing I'll do is write down your number, and I'll call and text you every day. And during the holidays we can visit each other" Dylan kisses me gently on the lips. "I can't wait to introduce you to my mom and the cat. And then..." The guy raises his head, looking dreamily at the sky "Moving to our common house, wedding, cats, maybe children..."

I'm laughing. This is the kind of Dylan I fell in love with a month ago. Calm, sweet, reasonable, dreamy... And he was always real with me.

We stand like this for a long time, enjoying our closeness and privacy. And none of us can even imagine how tomorrow night will actually end...