17. Together Now

April 22, 2023; Iowa City, Iowa

Chapter 17.

Narrative + Insta(actually this time)

Kate's POV;

I don't know how long we slept, but it was the best I've ever slept. I felt Olivia's warm body curled up beside me, her head on my shoulder with one hand wrapped around my waist.

I smiled at this view, feeling at peace whenever I was with her. I gently stroked her hair, not wanting to wake her up but she gently stirred beneath the blanket, watching her eyes flutter open.

"Hey," she whispered, her voice tired from sleep. I respond with a quiet 'hey' back.

Liv sat up, stretching her arms over her head as she yawned, "I'm starving," she said then turned to look at me, "want some breakfast?"

I nodded my head, yes, my stomach slightly growling as Liv just chuckles. We head to the kitchen and I see her rummage through the fridge, pulling out some eggs, bacon, milk, cheese, and some bread. Wait people keep bread in the fridge?

"Want some help?" I asked her, in case she needed help with anything.

She shook her head, "Yeah no, I'd rather have this kitchen in one piece." she joked around.

"Okay, first of all, I'm a great cook," I say, playfully offended.

Liv grinned as she began whipping up an omelet. Which looks delicious as fuck. The aroma filled the air making me even hungrier as I stepped beside Liv, flipping over the bacon.

As we, mostly her, cooked Drew came out of his room looking like somebody smacked the crap out of him. "Morning", he mumbled, flopping onto the couch.

"Morning," we both say back as I turn to look at him, laughing at the sight. Sugar is on top of him, making biscuits on his stomach.

After Liv finishes making breakfast, I help her create some plates. One for her, for Drew then me.

Liv grabbed two plates, one for her and one for Drew. She gave him a plate as he muttered a thanks.

Me and Liv sat together on the couch, digging in on our food.

"Looks like you two had a great time last night," Drew said, a teasing smile on his lips.

I blushed, feeling my chest flutter as Liv just cuddled next to me.

"Don't know what you're talking about." I managed to respond to him.

"Oh yeah, like when I came back from a party I didn't see you two cuddled up." Got us there I guess.

"Just eat your food, Drew, before I smack a bacon across your face," Liv says earning a chuckle from me and Drew. We turn on the TV to some random channel which is Sponge Bob. Never too old, even if we're college students.

After we had finished our food, Drew suggested something. "Hey guys, what if we go to the beach? West Lake to be exact?"

"That'll be nice, this time we could actually prepare and swim randomly," Liv said as she looked over to me, I raised my hands in surrender.

"What?" I say to her as she just smiles at me and shakes her head.

We all agreed, that even Sugar is coming with us. It's barely 10 in the morning so we have enough time to plan.

"Okay, what time are we leaving?" Drew said, pointing out that it was 10.

"How about at 11 something? We could get the stuff needed and then leave." I suggested as they agreed with me. "I'll just go to my dorm real quick and grab some of my stuff," I told them as they told me to hurry up.