11. One Chance Please?

April 5th, 2023

Iowa City; Iowa

Chapter 11.

Narrative + iMessage

Kate's POV;

It's been 3 days since we lost the championship against LSU, but it's also been almost 2 weeks since me and Liv kissed.

Everyday that kiss runs through my mind. We continued to be close as friends, but we haven't mentioned the kiss. At least I have, but Liv has been avoiding that conversation.

My mind is somewhere else, which is affecting my drills at practice currently. I haven't been playing my best in practice.

Coach calls me over, passing the ball over to Jada I walk over to coach noticing her expression. She has a stern look on her face, a serious one as well.

"Yes, Coach?" Once I arrive she turns her attention to me.

"What's going on? Your performance has been lacking." Crap. I knew she was gonna mention something about this.

"It's nothing, just a bit stressed out about school y'know." I say, trying to deflect from the situation I'm in with Olivia.

"I'm not buying that, Kate. Is this about Olivia? I've seen that you two aren't as close right now." Of course Coach saw through my lie, it's hard to lie to her especially since we're all close.

"It's nothing, we'll fix it later." Telling her this she just crosses her arms.

"Well fix it. I don't want you to be distracted nor do I want a part of our media team missing out. Understand?" Coach says, a hint of strictness in her voice as I just nod.

"Yes, Coach." She dismisses me as I head back to the court; resuming with the drills. Trying my best not to think of Liv I focus on the ball I'm dribbling.

Once practice is over I head to the locker rooms, going to retrieve my bag. Sitting down on the bench, Caitlin sits next to me.

"Have you guys talked at all?" She asks, her voice curious.

"Yea, we've hung out as well but she's avoiding the talk about the kiss." I say to her, letting out a tired sigh.

"Why not text her right now? Like actually talk to her. Maybe you guys could head somewhere, it's not like she didn't kiss you back because she did. It must mean something."

I just shrug my shoulders, "I don't know. But I know it meant something to me. Should I text her now?" Asking Caitlin she shakes her head yes.

Pulling out my phone, I open up my messages with Liv as my finger hovers over the keyboard. Screw it.

Liv🌷

Hey
Could we talk?
About what happened
2 weeks ago pls?

Hi
Okay sure,
I'm sorry I've been avoiding
that
Where and when?

It's fine
Could we meet like
In front of Schaeffer hall
in about 10 minutes yea?

yea that's fine
I'll meet you there
Kate liked a message

3rd POV;

Olivia is waiting in front of the building, scrolling on Pinterest. Looking at pictures, occasionally smiling at some of them until Kate catches her eye.