CHAPTER 46

"You should drink the milk now as it has cooled down enough to drink," he said, his voice laced with playful affection as he gestured towards the glass of milk on the nightstand.

Yazia blinked in surprise as Taehyung chuckled at her reaction, his laughter only fueling her irritation. She scrunched her nose and glared at him, starting to hit his chest in frustration.

"Hey, listen," Taehyung said between laughs, trying to calm her down as he pulled away from her playful assault.

"Get away from me, you're really annoying! Why do I ever expect anything from you?" she exclaimed, her frustration evident in her tone as Taehyung placed his hands around her hips.

"I'm not annoying, I just want you to have enough energy," Taehyung replied, his smile widening as he tried to pacify her.

Yazia's irritation only grew, and she grabbed a pillow, throwing it at him with determination. "Get away! Energy for what, huh? You'll get nothing!" she retorted, her frustration palpable as she prepared to launch another pillow at him.

But before she could, Taehyung held up the pillow in his defense, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. "Drink that first, then you can beat me as much as you want," he teased, peeking out from behind the safety of the pillow.

Yazia scoffed at his playful defiance, her glare softening into a laugh as she watched him stand there, using the pillow as a shield. Despite her irritation, she couldn't help but find his antics endearing, and she chuckled at the sight before her.

With a playful gleam in her eye, Yazia decided to play along, setting the other pillow down and reaching for the glass of milk on the nightstand. "Fine, I'll drink it," she conceded, taking a sip of the milk before turning back to Taehyung with a mischievous grin. "But don't think this means you're off the hook!" she warned, her playful threat punctuated by a toss of her hair.

Taehyung chuckled at her playful warning, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Oh, I'm never off the hook with you, am I?" he teased, a grin spreading across his face as he lowered the pillow, no longer needing it for protection.

Yazia matched his grin, her playful demeanor softening as she took another sip of the milk. "Nope, you're stuck with me," she chimed, setting the glass back down on the nightstand and stepping closer to him.

As she approached, Taehyung's playful expression shifted, replaced by a tender warmth as he reached out to gently brush a stray strand of hair away from her face. "And I wouldn't have it any other way," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity.

Yazia's heart fluttered at his words, her gaze softening as she leaned into his touch. Taehyung smiled tenderly as Yazia leaned into his touch, her warmth filling him with a sense of profound contentment. Cupping her cheek gently, he gazed into her eyes, his own reflecting the depth of his emotions.

"I am so happy," he confessed softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "Maybe 'happy' is not enough to explain my feelings. It feels like I am holding my whole world in my hand— you, my words, my warrior."

Taehyung lightly brushed her cheek with his thumb. They both stared into each other's eyes Taehyung leaned in, closing the distance between their lips, ready to seal their connection with a kiss.

But their moment of closeness was abruptly interrupted by the jarring ring of Taehyung's phone. A frustrated sigh escaped him as he reluctantly pulled away, his gaze flickering towards the source of the disturbance.