Chapter 17

As she bit her lip, she rolled in her bed, trying to get that kiss out of her head. She could almost still feel the texture of his mouth and the warmth of his tongue gently rubbing against her as she tried to hide her head with the covers. She was sure that if it had been any other person, it would have gone further most definitely. She wouldn't have hesitated to take it to the next level, because it wouldn't have changed a thing to control herself from her wildest fantasies. He had been the main character in them for months before they met, and it didn't change a thing. She was still as into him as she was when he was simply a voice in her earphones.

San: Are you awake?

Her smile came through before she was able to control it, hiding under the blanket as if anyone would be watching her.

Just like her, San had been trying to sleep, with no luck, because every time he closed his eyes, that kiss kept replying in his head, as he kept thinking whether he should've tried to go further, until he drowned himself back to reality and realized he was too scared to do it even if he wanted to.

He encouraged himself enough to send her a text when he saw her going online, to then go back to being offline. Asking her whether she was awake was an indirect way to confess he was checking on her status constantly, in hopes she was as sleepless as he was.

Talking with her after finding out the medication in her fridge felt different. Not because she was different, but because there was that doubt in the back of his head making him wonder if he should ask her about it. And that was actually his main intention when he slid in their chat.

Y/n: I can't sleep

Y/n: And I guess you can't either

San: Well, I could be sleepwalking

Y/n: Are you?

Y/n: That means that if I ask you anything, will I get it out of you?

San: Could be

Y/n: Anything?

San: Yeah

Just with that question any idea to build a conversation about that topic disappeared for San, not wanting to ruin that good atmosphere. It wasn't something he could ask either. She should be the one telling him because she felt comfortable enough to do it.

At some point, he thought Y/n would go for a serious question. She had settled the conversation to a whole different vibe for a few seconds, to get him ready for the question that was about to come through.

Y/n: Does pineapple belong to pizza?

That lighthearted and dumb question made him cackle, forgetting for a moment he was sharing an apartment with two other people, with one of them having their room next to his.

San: Of course it does!

Y/n: Yeah, we can't be friends

San: I thought there were several other reasons as to why we can't be friends, but you draw the line at a fruit.

San: Alright.

Y/n: And I thought you agreed with us being friends

San: I can't be friends with people I want to kiss until our lips are swollen

Air left her lungs all of a sudden with the way he worded that phrase. He was so effortlessly flirty and hot when he wanted to.

And that made her nervous.

It was the first time she didn't know how to answer a text. Every time she typed something, she ended up deleting to write something else, that would be erased eventually, too. And that constant "typing..." and "Online"shifts were making him nervous, to the point where he wondered if he shouldn't have said that.