Chapter 9

A loud scream from somewhere in the house interrupted whatever it was he was trying to type on the computer. By how loud and powerful it was, almost making the walls tremble with it, San could tell it came from Mingi. It worked like an alarm, because not even a minute later, both Wooyoung and San were showing up at the living room with a confused look.

—Who used my razor?

Mingi lifted it, to show off the rusty blaze. As if neither of them would be able to see the tiny brown marks over the shiny silver color from their positions.

—Mingi, are you sure you weren't the last one to use it? —San tried to knock some sense back to his friend— Last time you pulled a scene like this, you were the one who ate your last yogurt.

—Yeah —Wooyoung seconded—. Try to think about what you did before blaming others. You probably were the one who left it in a random place after shaving.

—You think so?

His determined gaze quickly changed to a confused and insecure one, looking at the razor while he tried to remember what exactly happened the last time he shaved to know whether Wooyoung was right or not.

Slightly pouting his lips, Mingi went back to close himself inside the bathroom, leaving San and Wooyoung alone in the living room. As soon as the door of their shared bathroom closed, his best friend turned to him with a devilish smile and a contained laugh.

—I actually was the one who did it.

San gave him a scolding look, tilting his head in annoyance when he was aware of the war that would start if Mingi knew about it.

—He always leaves his things everywhere —Wooyoung tried to excuse himself—. You'll see how he'll be careful with his things from now on.

—I knew it! —Mingi screamed again, opening the door to their bathroom— You little gaslighting asshole.

San just stared at them, seeing Wooyoung barely able to move his right arm as he tried to move the chairs from their dinner table to block Mingi to get any close to him as they ran around it. The doctor told him that, even though his arm seemed to be alright already, at least enough to take off the bandage, to be careful with the movements he could make and the pressure he added on the joint. And what was Wooyoung doing? Exactly the opposite of what he was told.

—Don't be a pig and I'll respect your things —Wooyoung said, testing what direction he should run to, as Mingi stood at the opposite side of him.

—It was a new razor that cost forty dollars.

—Forty dollars for that?! —San interrupted, opening his eyes wide at the price.

—I don't care. It's on the Rules Board —Wooyoung insisted—. If you leave your things unattended in a common space, deal with the consequences.

San sighed at the mention of the Rules Board. It was their way to get used to one another and their way to live. Actually, it was created mainly because Mingi worked night shifts, and it was their best way to settle the times in which they could make noise and when they should keep the volume as low as possible. Once Mingi finished his degree and started working in the position he was in, that board found a comfortable space behind the bookshelf in the right corner of the living room, next to the dinner table.

—It was a gift from my mom, you dumbass —Mingi ignored his comment.

—Your mom bought you that? —Wooyoung's cocky expression changed to a concerned one.

—Yes!

—Sorry, I didn't know.

Wooyoung walked to their taller friend, trying to calm down the mood, before he spoke again.