Chapter 11

While the teacher was still going on on a topic he didn't pay attention to, San thought on how to reschedule his evening so he'd have time to record the content for the video and study after he met Y/n.

He didn't know why he rejected her at first the previous day, because he was dying to find the tiniest excuse to see her again. She offered it to him, and he rejected it without giving it a second thought. Not only that, but he also saw the way her glance turned sadder after his first refusal, letting disappointment take over it.

San didn't care how pathetic he'd seem sending her a text later to take back his decision, he didn't care how desperate he could seem by later saying he wanted to do it. He'd do many things like that just to hear her excited voice and her shy "Thank you" again.

He was so dumb for ever thinking of giving up the only chance he had.

When his phone buzzed, he couldn't help but smile at the idea of Y/n texting him to remind him about the plan they had. Although that smile suddenly turned into an annoying huff when he saw who it was.

Soulmate: Do you have something to do later?

San: Yes.

San: And can you stop changing your name on my phone??

Soulmate: It's better this way. It fits me more

San rolled his eyes before he changed his name back to the one he was saved as, before he touched his phone without his consent.

Woo: What are you going to do?

He hesitated on being straightforward with the answer. For his friends, Y/n and him were pretty much still together, it was nothing weird to keep treating her as his girlfriend with them.

San: I have plans with Y/n

Woo: Uhhhh

Woo: San and Y/n, sitting in a tree, KISSING

Probably he had known his friend for way too long, because he could clearly hear his voice singing that line while he read the text.

Woo: First comes love

Woo: Then comes marriage

San: What do you need?

He interrupted him, knowing Wooyoung would go on with the song lyrics if he didn't stop him.

Woo: My charger broke, can you buy me one?

San: Sure. Do you want me to bring it to your office?

Woo: Nahh, no worries

Woo: I'll borrow one from someone

Woo: Thank you!

And along with that text, the gif of a cute puppy sending kisses appeared on his screen right after.

Typical Wooyoung.

As the moment to see her got closer, his anxiety levels increased as well. He felt uneasy, nervous, unable to pre-plan all the possible scenarios that would lead after meeting Y/n. And, for a quick moment while he was on the bus to the mall, he was regretting ever telling her he'd agree on doing any of that. It was so ironic how he suddenly contradicted all the positive thoughts he could only think about not even two hours back.

Y/n: I'm waiting by the font

She let him know. San was aware she only did it to let him know where he was supposed to head as soon as he arrived at CambridgeSide, but that text added more pressure to the fact that he was just a few steps from facing her.