Chapter 13

The space in that big elevator seemed to decrease with every minute he spent there, and Y/n turning to him every few seconds wasn't of help at all. It just made him wish he had somewhere else to look so it wasn't so evident that his eyes wanted to be on her.

When Y/n first suggested going to her place the next day, he didn't think he was going to put himself in such a delicate situation where he'd have to fight his own instincts of looking even more nervous.

As she drove through Downtown Boston, San could only guess which one of all the high-rise buildings was the one she lived in. It only made sense for him to be that way. She was a woman that could afford spending four hundred dollars in just an outfit, and the same one who was driving the newest Audi model in the market. But, for some reason, he was still surprised when she opened the big door to her apartment and he was able to see her wide living room, only being topped by the views of Boston she had through her big glassware.

It didn't matter what he imagined as he got there, reality topped it.

—You live here? —when he turned to her, his eyes were wide open— By yourself?

—Umm yeah, for now, yeah. I'm living here by myself —she giggled, walking down the two steps that led to the open living room, leaving her jacket over the backrest of the white leather couch.

—I bet I wouldn't even hear Mingi and Wooyoung arguing if they were on the other side of the room —he mentioned excitedly.

—And you'd end up missing them if you went just a day without hearing them —she answered back, turning to him.

As he followed her steps, walking in her direction, he was aware of the crystal stairs that went up from the side of the living room, finally aware that there was more than what he was seeing.

—There's another floor?

—Do you want to see?

San wasn't aware of how quickly he nodded, until she saw her giggling cutely at his response, correcting himself and gasping to give an answer with a thick voice. What would Y/n think of him if he acted like a little kid over something so simple?

—There isn't much to see —she mentioned, walking upstairs—. It's just a small office that isn't really an office —she pointed to the desk, topped by two shelves filled with books—, my room and the bathroom.

She said it as if they were the most random places, but San was already calculating the upper floor was almost as big as the place he shared with his two friends.

—It really isn't that big of a deal.

Her words didn't go along with what he was seeing. The area upstairs looked even better than the one downstairs. And by the way she had a few more things over the bed and the small desk a few meters from the stairs, he could tell that she spent most of her time up there.

—Ah, that —she chuckled when his eyes fell on the few clothes thrown all over her bed—. I tend to take a long while to choose what to wear.

And that day was particularly difficult, for some reason.

She struggled knowing what to wear to the office, but it was always more towards the idea of looking professional -or more like a boss people in her office would respect. But that day she spent almost one hour putting and taking off clothes, just to end up wearing a pair of simple tight jeans and a salmon blouse.

—Oh, I take a long time to dress, too —he lied.

And that was how she ended up wearing the same pair of jeans he always wore, with one of his sweaters, which sewings were already giving up.